Kav Says Hello

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
BullGoose
Vendor

Kav Says Hello

Post by BullGoose »

I talked to Chris a few times this week and he wanted me to let everyone know that he is alive and kicking. He does not currently have Internet access so, it is difficult for him to get on the boards. That said, he plans to get into the library in the near future and post away.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Thanks Phil -- please pass my greetings along.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

Kav who!? :lol: 8)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Phil, when you talk to him again tell him I said "hi".

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

desertbadger wrote:Phil, when you talk to him again tell him I said "hi".

Regards,
David
Will do David. 8)
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Tell Chris that we'll leave the light on for him. Thanks for sharing this, Phil.
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks, Phil. Please say hi from me.

- Murray
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Thanks for the update, Phil. Tell KAV hi for me and let him know we're desperate for some of his anecdotes and social commentary.
Regards,
Mike
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

ditto on the sentiments expressed. we should all chip in OnE
ĐƍllƍƦ and buy a small tablet....wifi is free almost everywhere now

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

Glad to hear he's doing well.
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

He is missed when he is not here. Thanks for the update.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
brothers

Post by brothers »

Yes, KAV (Chris) is missed when he's taking a sabbatical. I like him and I like reading his posts. There are many other valued members who may have drifted away, and maybe they don't get entire threads devoted to their absence, but at least to me as one who enjoys the membership as a whole, they're all missed, and I personally wish they'd all be able to return to regularly posting here at SMF. I think we'd all hope that we'd be notably missed when we need to take some time off to deal with life as it happens. Best regards to all!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

I was beginning to wonder what had happened to him. Glad to hear he's still kicking and hope he finds his way to more communication with us soon.

Chris
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I personally wish they'd all be able to return to regularly posting here at SMF.

27 thumbs up in the sentiment!!

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

brothers wrote:Yes, KAV (Chris) is missed when he's taking a sabbatical. I like him and I like reading his posts. There are many other valued members who may have drifted away, and maybe they don't get entire threads devoted to their absence, but at least to me as one who enjoys the membership as a whole, they're all missed, and I personally wish they'd all be able to return to regularly posting here at SMF. I think we'd all hope that we'd be notably missed when we need to take some time off to deal with life as it happens. Best regards to all!
Very true. If they contacted me and asked me to say hello, I would start a thread for them as well. :D There are a lot of established members that I have not seen in quite awhile.

- Phil
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Ah, KAV. The only man here to whom I accord superiority in almost instantaneous thread-drift even when it's a thread one started oneself. I hope he's off writing a book. The guy has The Knack. Give him my regards.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
brothers

Post by brothers »

JayTrek wrote:He is missed when he is not here. Thanks for the update.
Maybe KAV and Vince, since they're neighbors somewhere down in Southern California, have gone together and bought a little fishing boat, and get together every so often to swap SMF and fish stories and historical anecdotes as they reminisce about the old days of Techs and Slims and QED. Could be?

KAV: Hey Vince, do you ever log in on SMF and post much any more? Have you been as busy as I have lately, rushing around and trying to stay one step ahead of things? I hear they're posting about us again. Maybe we should give 'em a shout one of these days. You reckon? I think we're sort of regarded as legendary over there. Musta been somethin' we said, ya' think?

Vince: Oh, I don't know, I think about it sometimes, but it seems I just can't think of anything else I want to say anymore. And then there's all of this other stuff going on, it seems like I don't have any fun anymore, outside of going fishing and stuff. Know what I mean?

Kav: Yeah, it's a rat race, for sure! Hey, I was going to ask you if you want to head over to Catalina to look for that buried treasure sometime. I bet we could find it if anybody can.

Vince: Yeah, maybe. I just remembered, I've gotta change the oil in my wife's car tomorrow, though. Maybe Saturday. What do you think about the Lakers cutting the coach loose. I wish they'd get their act together, don't you?
Gary

maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

brothers wrote:
JayTrek wrote:He is missed when he is not here. Thanks for the update.
Maybe KAV and Vince, since they're neighbors somewhere down in Southern California, have gone together and bought a little fishing boat, and get together every so often to swap SMF and fish stories and historical anecdotes as they reminisce about the old days of Techs and Slims and QED. Could be?

KAV: Hey Vince, do you ever log in on SMF and post much any more? Have you been as busy as I have lately, rushing around and trying to stay one step ahead of things? I hear they're posting about us again. Maybe we should give 'em a shout one of these days. You reckon? I think we're sort of regarded as legendary over there. Musta been somethin' we said, ya' think?

Vince: Oh, I don't know, I think about it sometimes, but it seems I just can't think of anything else I want to say anymore. And then there's all of this other stuff going on, it seems like I don't have any fun anymore, outside of going fishing and stuff. Know what I mean?

Kav: Yeah, it's a rat race, for sure! Hey, I was going to ask you if you want to head over to Catalina to look for that buried treasure sometime. I bet we could find it if anybody can.

Vince: Yeah, maybe. I just remembered, I've gotta change the oil in my wife's car tomorrow, though. Maybe Saturday. What do you think about the Lakers cutting the coach loose. I wish they'd get their act together, don't you?
Unfortunately Gary I don't think this is an accurate representation - I understood everything KAV said in this hypothetical conversation, and I know he's way smarter than me :)
Regards,
Mike
brothers

Post by brothers »

And me, too!
Gary

BullGoose
Vendor

Re: Kav Says Hello

Post by BullGoose »

I spoke with Kav this morning and he wanted me to say hello to everyone. He hopes to be able to post soon.

- Phil