Boots

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Clarks make a nice selection of boots,
best shoe/boot evahhhhhhhhh BUT terrible in rain and snow

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

but I particularly like their Original Desert Boot.
p.s. left the model part out in my original comments about clarks :lol:

Its the only clarks boot(?) i have used.....other models of clarks might be good in the snow/rain.

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

JayTrek wrote:
Kyle76 wrote:
jww wrote:Jim -- how big or small are your feet???
Size 15
Those are not feet. Those are BOATS. I bet you have a hard time finding good shoes to fit, eh?
The Internet has made finding my size in all clothes a lot easier. I wear a 37-inch sleeve and extra long suits at 6-5, 225 lbs. Lands' End was a godsend many years ago for shirts. Most places carry long sizes these days, but although I wear Brooks Brothers dress shirts, their suits and casual shirts don't come long enough. Shoes are tough because you really need to try them on, but liberal, free-shipping return policies like Zappo's make things easier. It's a lot better than it used to be, Jay
Jim
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

JayTrek wrote:...

Heh...obviously you can't see them. But I was wearing them when this profile pic was taken.
=D>

Sale's over now Gents ..... :cry:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

It appears my options may have opened up considerably. The other day my feet were bothering me when I was shopping at Target, so I picked up some Dr. Scholl's insoles apparently made specifically for heel pain. I stuck them in the old boots I was wearing and noticed a drastic change immediately. I'll be wearing them for the next few weeks to see if the relief is long-term; if so, I won't have to be as picky when it comes time to buy.
Regards,
Mike
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

fallingwickets wrote:
but I particularly like their Original Desert Boot.
p.s. left the model part out in my original comments about clarks :lol:

Its the only clarks boot(?) i have used.....other models of clarks might be good in the snow/rain.

clive
Clive, you are correct, but they are not designed or sold to be good in snow or rain. My other shoes and boots are not good in snow or rain either as they aren't specifically designed to be.
Bryan
river1

Post by river1 »

Kyle76 wrote:
jww wrote:Jim -- how big or small are your feet???
Size 15
Jim, just throw away the boots and wear the boxes. :idea:
Nothing will be accomplished if first all objections must be overcome...
river1

Post by river1 »

Jim, my son in law is your size and we have great luck buying for him at J.Banks Big and Tall section/mail-order. Doug
Kyle76 wrote:
JayTrek wrote:
Kyle76 wrote: Size 15
Those are not feet. Those are BOATS. I bet you have a hard time finding good shoes to fit, eh?
The Internet has made finding my size in all clothes a lot easier. I wear a 37-inch sleeve and extra long suits at 6-5, 225 lbs. Lands' End was a godsend many years ago for shirts. Most places carry long sizes these days, but although I wear Brooks Brothers dress shirts, their suits and casual shirts don't come long enough. Shoes are tough because you really need to try them on, but liberal, free-shipping return policies like Zappo's make things easier. It's a lot better than it used to be, Jay
Nothing will be accomplished if first all objections must be overcome...
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

maskaggs wrote:It appears my options may have opened up considerably. The other day my feet were bothering me when I was shopping at Target, so I picked up some Dr. Scholl's insoles apparently made specifically for heel pain. I stuck them in the old boots I was wearing and noticed a drastic change immediately. I'll be wearing them for the next few weeks to see if the relief is long-term; if so, I won't have to be as picky when it comes time to buy.
I bought a two-pack at Costco back a few months ago, and use them in a couple of pairs of shoes, but not all shoes. They are great with the shoes I use them with.
Wendell

Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Doug, if you're referring to Jos. A. Bank, then yes, I order most of my suits and dress pants from them. Thanks.
Jim
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

The new boots came today. Fit, build and comfort are all excellent. I like the look -- like Bean boots in breathable leather.

Jim
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Those are some nice boots, Jim!
Wendell