Elite Razor

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Spenser

Elite Razor

Post by Spenser »

I have come across a product and craftsman that I think bears an ‘atta boy’ on this forum. You, maybe, are already aware of his goods, but me being new to this form of shaving have found his product to be outstanding and his word is his bond, old fashioned I know - but put it in the bank, his word is important to him. The older I get, the more value that is to me.

Elite Razor, Bob Quinn, creates products related to our form of shaving brushes and razor handles in wood, stone and neo-resinate, (as well as other items), in a one of a kind, distinctive, quality product that you may want to take a look at.

eliterazor.com

No affiliation, have never met the man - probably never will, just like his product and him.

:D
"Life is tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Nice stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

A Spenser handle and Travis McGee sig? Fan of detective fiction? I love Travis McGee. I've read most of them more than once. Unfortunately, a little dated now, but still good stuff. McDonald was ahead of his time on the economics issues. How many detectives have a renowned economist for a pal?
Jim
SharpSpine

Post by SharpSpine »

I also am a very happy customer of Bob and Elite Razor. I have one brush from him currently with another one in the pipeline. I even had the chance to stop by his house and see his workshop when picking up my brush. It turns out that he lives not far from where I used to work. I was scheduled to be back home visiting family and the timing was perfect. I stopped by his house to pick up my brush on my way out of town and back home. Both Bob and his family are nice humble folk. While I didn't get to spend much time with them I got an immediate feeling that they all would go out of their way to be of help to others. Their home was very warm and welcoming.

Here is my wonderful work of functional art that Bob created for me. The handle material is a unique combination of Garnet Resin and Buckeye Burl. The shape was inspired by the Simpson M7 profile. The knot is a Wet Shaving Products HMW 23mm set at a lower loft of 50mm. My wife dubbed her Scarlett and I also refer to her as an E7 or Elite7. It is my absolute favorite brush... for now!

> Brian < Shave On & God Bless!!

Mongoose B1 + Hempel Spiral; Feather Pro
Spenser

Post by Spenser »

Kyle76 wrote:A Spenser handle and Travis McGee sig? Fan of detective fiction? I love Travis McGee. I've read most of them more than once. . . .
Well young man, you are somewhat of a detective yourself I see. Good work Sir. How about someday we charter the Busted Flush and enjoy the water? Maybe we can get Hawk to go, would like to meet him.

I'm gonna be laid up off my feet for awhile and got me one them new fangled (not new anymore) Kindles. McGee came out in the 60s and still having all the paperbacks was going to read them again but the font is so darn small I needed a magnifying glass - hence the kindle to increase the font.

I hate some of the electronice gadgets, but once in awhile, cave in.

They call it old age.

:wink:
Spenser

Post by Spenser »

SharpSpine wrote:The handle material is a unique combination of Garnet Resin and Buckeye Burl. The shape was inspired by the Simpson M7 profile . . .
What a beauty, its Art to me and sounds like to you also.

Must be nice to have talent, huh.