The Masters 2013

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
jww
Woolly Bully

The Masters 2013

Post by jww »

So -- with March Madness over, let's talk golf as the major season gets underway. What think ye gents?

Tiger? Rory? I always root for lefty but he's not been swinging the swamp sticks as well lately - but you never know. I'd like to see Jim Furyk in the mix, but he tends to be a bit spotty at Augusta.

They announced some rules changes around cut and invitations that I believe will come into play partly this year, but mostly next year which could make it interesting. This year's top US amateur looks like he's having fun. His quote on favourite hole at Augusta:
"The one I'm playing"

His quote on favourite club:
"The one I'm swinging at the moment"

Can't you just smell the air?
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

This weekend has always signified the start of a new season for me, I am so looking forward to watching Sunday unfold.

While I think Tiger's is in fine form coming in to the tournament, I think the field has plenty of potential. It is very refreshing to see Tiger's lighter side, I found him to detached and distant in the past, his friendship with Rory and a new relationship have done him wonders, hope this Tiger sticks around a while.

I would like to see one of the majorless guys pull through - Donald, Rose or Snedeker just to name a few.
Good shaving,

Gary
rsp1202

Re: The Masters 2013

Post by rsp1202 »

jww wrote:. . . Can't you just smell the air?
The azaleas are in bloom.
And a bone-in ribeye, medium-rare with extra char awaits in the clubhouse. (If you're the pro from Dover.)
Ron
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: The Masters 2013

Post by jww »

rsp1202 wrote:
jww wrote:. . . Can't you just smell the air?
The azaleas are in bloom.
And a bone-in ribeye, medium-rare with extra char awaits in the clubhouse. (If you're the pro from Dover.)
Envy personified right there gents.
Wendell

Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

I'm afraid The Masters may never be the same for me: http://espn.go.com/golf/masters13/story ... er-masters
Jim
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

not a golf player or much of a fan but i read what they did to the 14 year old.....sad!

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

fallingwickets wrote:not a golf player or much of a fan but i read what they did to the 14 year old.....sad!

clive
Unfortunate, truly, deserved, apparently so, but, how he handled it will become legendary and in the true spirit of The Masters and Bobby Jones.
Good shaving,

Gary
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

How unfortunate that the first delay of play penalty in the history of The Masters is applied to a 14-year-old competing in his first professional tournament in windy, decision-hampering conditions. Cut the kid some slack. I'm sure he's not the worst offender.
Jim
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

I think T. Guan's one stroke penalty is going to be overshadowed by Tiger's drop ruling. If Tiger goes on to win this could be a big issue.
Good shaving,

Gary
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

gsgo wrote:I think T. Guan's one stroke penalty is going to be overshadowed by Tiger's drop ruling. If Tiger goes on to win this could be a big issue.
If he loses by one stroke, it'll be even bigger.
Jim
jtpca

Post by jtpca »

This is one of the most memorable Masters for me in years - so much by the way of side story.... Tigers penalty strokes are really going to be an interesting challenge as he is T10 just now.

Love it!
Jason

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. - Truman
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Great finish to this years tournament. I'm happy to see Scott pick up his first major. It's hard to believe he's the first Aussie to win in Augusta.
Jim
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Interesting Masters Sunday, I thought Adam's birdie on eighteen was the clincher but then Angel just pops one in there, great finish. Nice first major for Adam, great sportsmanship by both of them for the playoff. I love watching Angel play.
Good shaving,

Gary
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

How Cabrera (or any pro) can hit a 240-yard controlled fade with a long iron escapes me.
Ron
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Moving day was quite inconsequential in the grand scheme of things-- but it is something of a tradition for me to watch it anyway. I recorded the final round and will watch some time later this week when I have time after I get back from this week's business trip. From everything I read, Cabrera and Scott put on quite a show -- not to mention the level of sportsmanship displayed between the two by all reports. Can't wait to watch.
Wendell