Joke of the Day

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Joke of the Day

Post by Squire »

The version I heard involved a cooking pot.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

The old version was much better. The musical version sounds pretty lame. Must be some form of political correctness. Headhunters! Reminds me of Abbott and Costello.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Reminds me of that rich Rockefeller kid who went to study the natives in New Guinea and disappeared.
Regards,
Squire
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

I first heard that drumming joke when I was in high school fifty years ago!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

An enormously wealthy 65 year old man falls in love with a young woman in her twenties and is contemplating a proposal.

“Do you think she’d marry me if I tell her I’m 45?” he asked a friend.

“Your chances are better,” said the friend, “if you tell her you’re 90.”
Fitness
Lijun badger
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

One thing about a nudist camp wedding ceremony is that you can easily tell who's the best man!
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
brothers

Post by brothers »

I think he probably had her at "will you . . ."
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Enormous wealth is attractive enough.
Regards,
Squire
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

An old man is lying on his deathbed with his children, grandchildren, and older great-grandchildren all around, teary-eyed at the approaching finale of a very long and productive life. The old man is in a terminal coma, and the doctors have confirmed that the waiting will be over within the next twenty-four hours. Suddenly, the old man opens his eyes and croaks: "I must be dreaming of heaven! I smell your grandmother's strudel!"

"No, grandfather, you are not dreaming. Grandmother is baking strudel now."

"I know I will never have another taste of her delicious strudel after this one. Could you please go down and get me a piece?" the old man begs with what is left of his final breath.

One of the grandchildren is immediately dispatched to honor the old man's last request. After a long time, he returns empty-handed.

"Did you bring me one last piece of your grandmother's delicious strudel?" the old man plaintively queries.

"I'm very sorry, Grandfather, but she says it's for the funeral."
Fitness
Lijun badger
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

That punchline caught me by surprise, Russ! :shock:

- Murray
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

That one has legs, substitute something else for strudel and it still works.
Regards,
Squire
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Squire wrote:That one has legs, substitute something else for strudel and it still works.
And this one was a little more predictable ... 8)

- Murray
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Attending a wedding for the first time, a little girl whispered to her mother, “Why is the bride dressed in white?”

“Because white is the color of happiness, and today is the happiest day of her life,” her mother explained, keeping it simple.

The child thought for a moment and said, “So why is the groom wearing black?”
Fitness
Lijun badger
brothers

Post by brothers »

that's the best one yet thanks.
Gary

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Wendy from Adams family.
Regards,
Squire
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Three guys died and when St. Peter met them at the pearly gates, he said, “I know that you guys are forgiven because you’re here. Before I let you into Heaven, I have to ask you something. You have to have a car in Heaven because Heaven is so big. What kind of car you get will depend on your answer.”

The first guy walked up and St. Peter asked him, “How long were you married?” He answered, “24 years.” “Did you ever cheat on your wife?”, St. Peter asked. The guy said, “Yeah, 7 times … but you said I was forgiven.” St. Peter said, “Yeah, but that’s not too good. Here’s a Pinto to drive.”

The second guy walked up and got the same question from St. Peter. He answered, “I was married for 41 years and cheated on her once, but that was our first year and we really worked it out.” St. Peter said, “I’m pleased to hear that. Here’s a Lincoln.”

The third guy walked up and said, “St. Peter, I know what you’re going to ask. I was married for 63 years and didn’t even look at another woman! I treated my wife like a queen!” St. Peter said, “That’s what I like to hear. Here’s a Jaguar!”

A few days later, the two guys with the Lincoln and the Pinto saw the guy with the Jaguar, crying on the golden sidewalk. When they asked him what was wrong, he said, “I just saw my wife. She was on a skateboard!”
Fitness
Lijun badger
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

A very shy guy goes into a bar and sees a beautiful woman sitting at the bar. After an hour of gathering up his courage he finally goes over to her and asks, tentatively, “Um, would you mind if I chatted with you for a while?”

She responds by yelling, at the top of her lungs, “No, I won’t sleep with you tonight!” Everyone in the bar is now staring at them. Naturally, the guy is hopelessly and completely embarrassed, and he slinks back to his table.

After a few minutes, the woman walks over to him and apologizes. She smiles at him and says, “I’m sorry if I embarrassed you. You see, I’m a graduate student in psychology and I’m studying how people respond to embarrassing situations.”

To which he responds, at the top of his lungs, “What do you mean $200?”
Fitness
Lijun badger
brothers

Post by brothers »

excellent!
Gary

GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Squire, Murray and Gary, I'm glad you're liking these!

A dietitian was once addressing a large audience in Chicago.

“The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks erode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. Vegetables can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water. But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have, or will, eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?”

A 75-year-old man in the front row stood up and said, “Wedding cake.”
Fitness
Lijun badger
brothers

Post by brothers »

I have little memory for jokes, so I try to memorize these and retell them at least once before they go bye=bye.
Gary