Where Have You Gone, Joe DiMaggio

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
churchilllafemme

Where Have You Gone, Joe DiMaggio

Post by churchilllafemme »

Joltin' Joe DiMaggio was born on this date in 1914, 99 years ago. Happy birthday, Joe. Here's an image of his electric shaving kit, which was found in Marilyn's stuff after her death.
_______
John
JRTASTER

Re: Where Have You Gone, Joe DiMaggio

Post by JRTASTER »

Very nice .... lucky enough to have seen both him and his brother, Dom, play against the Philadelphia Athletics, at the old
Scheib Park. Joe was at the top of his career and admired, but at 9 years old I had no idea I was watching one of baseball's
greatest ever.
Thanks for the memories!
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
brothers

Post by brothers »

I remember using one of those first Norelcos as a teenager chasing high school girls.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Brilliant ... reminding me of the Norelco Sled commercials which ran in the 60s during the broadcasting of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Those were the days, simple times of childhood days gone-by.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Noëlco!
Jim
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Kyle76 wrote:Noëlco!
+1 :lol:
Wendell

rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Ergonomically, this was a very comfortable electric to use. The floating heads were a nifty invention. Shave-wise, all I remember was this model didn't last long before I moved on to a Braun. Everyone knows that three heads are better than two.*

*Are they up to four now? Five? Counter-rotating-watch-out-for-the-prop-wash?
Ron
nolawis

Post by nolawis »

Ron Swoboda, a member of the 1969 Mets, has what is in my opinion the greatest bit of sports memorabilia. On one side of his fireplace mantel, he has a baseball autographed by Paul Simon which reads, "Where have you gone, Joe Dimaggio?" On the other side of the mantel, he has a baseball autographed by Joltin' Joe which reads, "I'm right here."

Nw
Fair winds and following seas.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

nolawis wrote:Ron Swoboda, a member of the 1969 Mets, has what is in my opinion the greatest bit of sports memorabilia. On one side of his fireplace mantel, he has a baseball autographed by Paul Simon which reads, "Where have you gone, Joe Dimaggio?" On the other side of the mantel, he has a baseball autographed by Joltin' Joe which reads, "I'm right here."

Nw
Brilliant.
Wendell