Funny story but not very funny to me.....

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
blackgrass
Mandolin Twanger (sans drool)

Funny story but not very funny to me.....

Post by blackgrass »

This happened last year and I sort of get a chuckle out of it whenever I think about what a dumbass I can be at times.

I was driving into work and my eyes were red and itching so I reached into my bag for my eye drops. I'm sitting at a red light and unscrew the cap without looking at the bottle and drop a few drops into my left eye and immediatly feel the most intense buring sensation I have ever felt in my entire life. I look down at the bottle and noticed that I had mistake the bottle of Visine for a bottle of Sweet Breath! You know that stuff that will light your mouth up with only one drop. Well, imagine about three or four drops in your eye. Keep in mind I was driving down the road and had no where to turn off. I was holding one hand over my left eye and trying to drive with only my right eye the whole time cursing like ten sailors. It wasn't very funny at the time but now that I think about it I can laugh at myself. Anyone out there pulled any such stunts? :oops:
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Not me personally, but i do recall my father one time coming out of the shower and thinking he was applying jock itch medication, accidentally picked up a tube of icy hot. I remember him jumping back in the shower so quickly that he broke the glass shower door in the process.

And when I was in high school, my spanish teacher, who was reaching for contact solution to put in her eye, accidentally put drops of crazy glue in. She was out for a couple of weeks. Nobody liked her anyway.

So fear not. When you think you have done something stupid, take consolation in the fact that there is always someone who has done something more ignorant than yourself.
Randy
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

andy: i could not laugh or even try to take joy in your story. i wear contacts and i had empathy pains while reading it. i am so glad nothing happened to you such as a wreck

i took a bullet from my dads drawer and went to the garage and hit it with a hammer for some reason and my ears rang for like days. i may even have hearing loss but never got tested

sam
blackgrass
Mandolin Twanger (sans drool)

Post by blackgrass »

I wear contacts as well and was pretty worried but I was able to wash them out really good once I got to work. Learned my leason about just grabbing a bottle that I think is the right one! :D
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Great story. I also wear contacts and because Im lazy I dont like to take them out at night. A few years ago I woke up with my eyes all dry and crusty. I went into the bathroom and searched around for eye drops. With my eyes half closed I poored eye drops into my with a steady flow. They're not really eye drops, but the contact solution. After about 4 seconds of pooring the solutuion into my eye, I started to curse like a sailor because I used to be one. I had poored the "cleaning solution" into my eye. The one with the cautionary red cap. It freakin burned like hell. I couldnt get my contacts out fast enough. What really sucked is I ripped one of them while trying to take it out. I had to go the rest of the weekend with only one contact because we were away on vacation in Laughlin.It was not fun.

Being that we are talking about stories, I have a really good one that I wouldnt mind sharing. Vince will attest to how funny this story is. The only problem, it involves me, my stomach and watery bodily fluids. :shock:

Let me know if you guys want to hear it. Vote on it. But dont say i didnt warn you.

J
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I vote for hearing it...

and BTW, if you like to sleep in contacts, buy the "Focus night and day" contacts, you can leave them in for 30 days. They're fantastic and wicked comfortable.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

I don't know if I want to hear your story. I'll look the other way :lol: .
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

I vote no. =;
:::Vince:::