Starbucks

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Starbucks

Post by Squire »

Good question, I'd like to know that as well.
Regards,
Squire
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

Starbuck's business model is less about good coffee, and more about culture. You pay for atmosphere and status when you purchase. I am more like Dominic...it is generally a burnt taste that I detect. I have a habit of going there too often...one I intend to change this year. I can certainly use the money for better things. And I really enjoy having a thermos of freshly brewed goodness available to me at the office to sip on all day.

There is a coffee shop in Downtown Huntsville where the owner roasts his beans in the shop. He makes great recommendations for me each time I go in. I always go at on my lunch hour when I need to buy coffee. The coffee sits in my car all afternoon. When I get in to drive home from work...the aroma has to be similar to what will be experienced in Heaven.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
Mr. Pinchy

Post by Mr. Pinchy »

JayTrek wrote:Starbuck's business model is less about good coffee, and more about culture. You pay for atmosphere and status when you purchase.
:shock:

:lol:
brothers

Post by brothers »

Jay, that's got to be the best coffee ever! :wink:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

J T wrote:What is Starbucks market penetration of the Scandanvian Countries ? - where coffee consumption is a very, very serious way of life.
Six stores, as of September 2012, but big ambitions. :D
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

JayTrek wrote:Starbuck's business model is less about good coffee, and more about culture.
Quite so which is part of why it appeals to our local college students.
Regards,
Squire
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

brothers wrote:Jay, that's got to be the best coffee ever! :wink:
The flavor tops anything that I have had from Starbuck's. Its good stuff.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
brothers

Post by brothers »

Jay, a good reason to visit Decatur Alabama. The coffee shop! Start there, meet some nice folks, get to know a bit about the town, and end up with a very pleasant experience, I'm sure. PS: I clicked on your links. Didn't understand one, but I liked reading your blogs.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Well, I'm reasonably close to both Decatur and Huntsville.
Regards,
Squire
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

brothers wrote:PS: I clicked on your links. Didn't understand one, but I liked reading your blogs.
Wow...Lookslike someone from Asia bought that domain after I quit writing there. Appears I need to edit my signature.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

Siggy edited. Gary...the reading is much better at this link. I will soon start adding new content here.

Thanks for checking it out.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

Squire wrote:Well, I'm reasonably close to both Decatur and Huntsville.
Yes you are, my friend.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

brothers wrote:From what I've experienced, it depends on which one of the countless variations one has to choose from at Starbucks. Some are bad to my personal taste, and some are good. Also, you've got the coffee-related products, latte, frappachino, cappuccino, et al. I think Starbucks was inspired by the coffee shops one associates with Washington, Oregon, Vancouver, Idaho, and etc.
IIRC, SBX was inspired by Italian coffee houses when the founder spent some time in The Boot. To which I can only say BWWAAHAHAHAHA.
Regards,
Mike