Now I know what I want for Christmas

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
GA Russell

Now I know what I want for Christmas

Post by GA Russell »

Y'all can start saving your money now to chip in together to give me this for Christmas! Santa thinks of everything!

http://www.asseenontv.com/detail.php?p= ... 0aeb01f80b
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Now I know what I want for Christmas

Post by Squire »

I'll try man but that's a long time for me to hold a thought.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Currently sold out anyway. You should have snagged yourself one when you had the chance. Apparently everyone else thought it was a great invention too. My first thought was how delicious it would be to make a batch with chocolate and nuts inside, and then eat them piping hot with a glass of cold milk or a cup of coffee. Oh well, he who hesitates is lost!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

My god: just the thought of a Twinkee makes my teeth want to curl and my stomach churn. :-B
Bryan
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Oh my giddy aunt ........ a childhood/teenage memory is to have these things frozen. Don't knock it until you try it.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Half the goodness of a Twinkie comes from the preservatives and ingredients like cellulose gum, calcium sulphate and petroleum-based artificial colors and flavorings. There are believed to be a total 39 ingredients in a Twinkie. I'm not sure I could duplicate that at home.
Last edited by Kyle76 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

39? Really? Who would've thought.
Regards,
Squire
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

I quite realize that I don't have the tastes and preferences I had when I was 10.

Nevertheless, maybe 20 years ago I had a Twinkie for the first time in 20 years, and I thought it was lousy. I had no doubt that they had changed the recipe since I was a kid, and that if the recipe of 1995 had been the recipe in 1960, I would never have liked them in the first place.
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
brothers

Post by brothers »

I truly can't remember specifically ever eating a Twinkie. I'm sure I must have eaten one or more as a kid. I have nothing against sugar, l just don't have a taste for super sweet foods.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

jww wrote:Oh my giddy aunt ........ a childhood/teenage memory is to have these things frozen. Don't knock it until you try it.
Yup. An all-time favorite. Of course it's been two decades since I've tried it...probably let the memory stand.

Likewise a frozen Hostess Peach Pie. Heaven when I was 14. I'll live with the recollection...
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau