Umbilical hernia?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Umbilical hernia?

Post by brothers »

Had an interesting/fascinating discussion with an acquaintance recently, and learned that this thing I've never heard of before is a real medical condition. Supposedly, your belly button pops out, no longer an "innie", it changes to an "outie". Also, the belly begins to look like a seriously pregnant woman. Even if the person isn't necessarily overweight. How do they fix this, and how do they get the water out? Does this make any sense? Do you know anybody that's ever had one of these things?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Umbilical hernia?

Post by Squire »

Gary has he undergone Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery? One of the risks of such a procedure is the hernia you described. I understand the condition is benign but can be corrected by further surgery.

On a related note if he is becoming swollen due to fluid retention that is a serious matter and he should quickly seek medical advice.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Re: Umbilical hernia?

Post by brothers »

It's apparently more involved than one would first imagine.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444