It's Canada Day up Canada way, the first day of July

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Rufus

It's Canada Day up Canada way, the first day of July

Post by Rufus »

It's also Memorial Day for Newfoundland & Labrador. Ninety-nine years ago today the Royal Newfounland Regiment was all but annihilated at Beaumont-Hamel during the first battle of the Somme. The Regiment took 80% casualties with all its officers killed.
Bryan
ShadowsDad

Re: It's Canada Day up Canada way, the first day of July

Post by ShadowsDad »

Happy Canada Day folks!
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Cheers guys.
Regards,
Squire
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

I hope you all had a great day! Now let's get back to football!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

And where is Wendell to fill us in on how he celebrated? I can't imagine how much MWF was used up...
Regards,
Mike
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

maskaggs wrote:And where is Wendell to fill us in on how he celebrated? I can't imagine how much MWF was used up...
Good question. I hope he didn't OD on MWF. :mrgreen:
Bryan
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Rufus wrote:
maskaggs wrote:And where is Wendell to fill us in on how he celebrated? I can't imagine how much MWF was used up...
Good question. I hope he didn't OD on MWF. :mrgreen:
I'm now having a wicked vision of Wendell shaving with gobs of MWF, singing "O Canada" on loop, and liberally applying maple syrup for aftershave...
Regards,
Mike
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Probably still celebrating.
Regards,
Squire
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

My apologies for being absentee so much lately -- I have become uber-stressed with work, and when the end of the day comes, I just don't have it in me to do anything with computers, internet, etc.

Canada Day -- went something like this. We slept in a bit -- I was intending to go for a bike ride along the eastern parkway but instead my wife and I got to watching some Wimbledon via our live BBC feed (Unblock-US is an awesome thing). Then we dropped over to our daughter's apartment, and we all went to the Canadian Aviation museum -- it was busy/crazy, but enjoyable (I posted a bunch of shots on instagram -- if you want to follow me there, I am @wendellwagner, but you'll have to request, as I am private on IG -- too many nutters that I don't want to follow me).

While in the museum a terrific thunderstorm hit, I ended up getting the car (and getting drenched to the skin at the same time). We came home, had a BBQ with Alex, Bekah and little Calvin (newest grandchild, and only grandson so far). Played three rounds of Settlers of Catan, took the kids back to their place, came home, read our scriptures, and dropped into bed. A right jolly day for us.

Oh, and I believe the lathering product of choice was Palmolive cream if memory serves me correctly.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Good to hear from you Wendell. Sorry to hear about the stress at work; hopefully it will soon abate. It does, however, seem to have affected you: Palmolive shaving cream and not MWF? [-X :shock: Wow, and on Canada Day. What would Stompin' Tom say about that? :roll: Eh.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Speaking of Vancouver, that July 5th Women's World Championship Soccer game was outstanding!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444