Vacuum sealing machines

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Vacuum sealing machines

Post by brothers »

I might decide to get one. Do you guys have any suggestions and/or pros/cons about what I should look for or steer clear of? I was at Amazon and there must be scores of them for sale. I don't know where to start. :)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Re: Vacuum sealing machines

Post by pausted »

Glad you posted this, Gary. I too, am looking for one. Hope the guys can guide us.
Best regards,

Basil
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I have a Food Saver pro II or some such and it's been in use 15 years or so at a guess. At one time they were good sealers, but I understand that they burn out quickly now. My next when this does burn out will not be a Food Saver. I wish I could be of more help. I wish they still made a good one.

Our next will probably be a (I don't know what it's called exactly) tub type where the vessel holds the bags of food. The vessel is pumped down, the bags sealed and then atmosphere re-introduced to the vessel. The bags instantly show a vacuum. That type can even seal liquids for freezing or for SousVide. They aren't inexpensive.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

I'm actually also looking for one. Right now I'm between the Food Saver and the Caso ones.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage