Sunglasses onlines vs. say Sunglass Hut

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Sunglasses onlines vs. say Sunglass Hut

Post by Sam »

Been reading up on Warby Parker and Zenni and well, don't know if I am better off paying for something I can see in person and try on and know what I am getting. I see Zenni as a cheaper alternative, but I do want polarized lenses and some of the options as addons do not show polarized lenses as an option, though they do have it as one in their FAQ section. Sent an email to them. Warby Parke, you get the frame and lens pictured. I have a pair of Clubmaster by Rayban, green polarized, and love them, but at $199.00, I can get two WP sunglasses or two Zenni with $100 left over. I have some Maui Jim wraparounds and prefer a plastic frame over titanium and a more classic look

Ideas?
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Sunglasses onlines vs. say Sunglass Hut

Post by fallingwickets »

i know people that have used zenni as well as glassesshop.......everyone has only positive remarks. I did david kind and would do so again in a hearbeat

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Sam, Costas (formerly Costa del Mar) are very popular around here. I just has updated prescription lenses made for my two pairs, and they are wonderful. I'm impressed every time I put them on. Quality optics, in my opinion, are well worth the extra cost. I prefer to see the world with crystal clarity.
Jim
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I have a non prescription pair of the triple tail. Cracks in the glass lenses . I have them on eBay. Wrap around and I don't like them. I like the ones Tom selleck wears on blue bloods. Round tortoise shell frames and green lens
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Well, Zenni would have run me $100 for Polarized lenses and it appears they do not do green. Amazon Prime has a tremendous sale today and I love my tortoise color frames in the Clubmasters with green lenses. I decided that at 42% off MSRP, and free shipping, I would get a pair of the original Wayfarer in black frames with Polarized green lenses. Will be here in a week. I might have scored a little better deal on ebay but the risk of fake Wayfarers was greater.

I put some Maui Jims and Costas up for sale as I never wear them. Never really got into the titanium frames of the Maui Jims. Great if you play golf or wear them with hats, can put them around the bill. I never felt I looked good in the longer lenses (the wraparounds, those the Maui Jims arent true wrap around).