Baseball Bat

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Vin Mays

Baseball Bat

Post by Vin Mays »

http://www.baseballbargains.com/shop/lo ... t-bbp7163/'
'

does anyone know anything about baseball? my son wants this bat and i don't know if its worth the money. i know nothing. im the jon snow of baseball
Jbbmad2

Re: Baseball Bat

Post by Jbbmad2 »

For the money, I can't say for sure. But you would be a hero for a while.
You might try looking around a little, or see if you might find someone that wants to sell one if it's too steep. Kids always buy bats (or their parents do) and then don't like how they feel after a while or other reasons. Good luck!
Bruce
Proverbs 3:5-6
Gig'em!
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

A bat is a very personal thing. I certainly wouldn't just buy one online because it looks good or sounds good. Players all use special bats -- different lengths, weights, handle size, barrel size, etc. Your son needs to find out what he likes before you make that kind of investment.
Last edited by Kyle76 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Jbbmad2

Post by Jbbmad2 »

+1
Bruce
Proverbs 3:5-6
Gig'em!
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

What I would like to know is what happened to the good ol fashioned wooden bat from Louisville Slugger. That is what we all wanted when I was a kid (a very long time ago). You know kids have big eyes. They want the current best and coolest things they can get to make life fun. He's gonna grow out of that sometime I assume. Now if he is an older kid with any kind of talent he may want to learn to play with a wooden bat because that is what they use in pro baseball. If high school or college is just his aim then maybe this would be the one to get. I would not pull the trigger on this expensive bat unless he is a really good player and not too young to out grow it. Good luck with your decision.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
brothers

Post by brothers »

The major league teams require wooden bats. Recently I learned something about the fact that lately there have been several instances of bats breaking in two and some fans have been badly injured. The Louisville Sluggers we all used and loved were made from ash. Some disease has destroyed the best ash trees, so they are currently made from maple wood, which isn't quite the same in terms of strength, etc.

In addition, bats made of man-made substances are pretty much universal these days. They are proven to allow the balls to go farther and faster than wood.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

I sure do miss the crack of a wooden bat. And a persimmon driver.
Jim
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Or a hickory shaft golf club.
Regards,
Squire
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Squire wrote:Or a hickory shaft golf club.
Haha! I'm afraid I don't go back quite that far, Squire. How did those featherie balls sound?
Jim