FYI.....on the www, the One Blade

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Re: FYI.....on the www, the One Blade

Post by brothers »

nicodemus38 wrote:sure makes the outdated gem micromatic look good.
Nic, excellent point! Thanks for bringing this up. I am almost ready to buy a few of these unique blades for the express purpose of modifying/adapting if necessary and using them in my small but efficient array of SE razors, starting with the Micromatic, most of them costing around 1/50 (2%) the price of this razor. Then I can find out for myself if the shave is excellent, as advertised, and more importantly, how many outstanding shaves will the blade provide before needing to be replaced.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

OK, following up, today I received the 10 pack Feather SE blades from Jason - Try A Blade - in Wisconsin. I'm going to dig out a few SE razors and see what happens. I'll be sure to post my results in a few days. This will include Gem Jr., Micromatic OC and otherwise, including the Streamline.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

OK, now what . . . these blades without the back almost but not quite fit my SE razors, of course. I think I could take some time and ingenuity and remove the back from a real SE blade and probably get it to fit on these Feathers, but who cares? :D I think I probably should toss the one blade I unwrapped and sell the box of 9 remaining blades. I'm not buying a Valet and I'm sure not buying that fancy razor that they call a Blade.
Gary

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Well Gary at least you tried. I lack your experimental spirit but like reading about your efforts.
Regards,
Squire