I'm Still Here!

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Chaps

I'm Still Here!

Post by Chaps »

Good afternoon, gentlemen. Just wanted to drop a line to say that I am still around. I am sorry that I don't post like I used too. Not exactly sure why that is, except maybe I don't feel that I have a lot of advice to offer in the realm of wetshaving that I haven't already contributed (not to say that I have contributed that much). Although, I know that some folks do not utilize Facebook, I find myself checking it more. Mostly, because that is how I keep up with people, i.e. church members, kids and grandkids. By the way, since my last post, I now have another granddaughter. That makes two sweet little girls who love their Nanny and Pop.
Anyway, I will try to not just visit more often, but actually participate. This forum has played an important part in my life and I am ashamed that I have let the "busyness" of life keep me away. You gentlemen were there for me when my mother passed away in 2007, when I changed ministry paths into rodeo ministry in 2008 and even when I almost lost my life in the rodeo arena in 2009. Even though I sometimes get distracted and stray, it is comforting to know that this fine forum is always there, welcoming us "wayward sheep" back into the fold. God bless you all, my friends.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: I'm Still Here!

Post by jww »

Danny, great to hear from you. Like you, I have been much less active on the forum over the past 8 months or so. Initially it was related to stress from work, then when I took the early retirement offer in September, I simply never got near a computer other than to check email or google maps for some destination we were going to.

Congratulations on your new granddaughter. We have another grandchild (no idea what it is yet) in July and are excited to add to our gaggle of gran-chillun.

Don't be a stranger.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Danny, I'm really happy to see you here. Congratulations on the new granddaughter!

I check in daily, but I don't post as much as I once did. I don't know a lot of the new products that are being discussed, I don't face-lather (as most seem to now), etc.

It's always good to have one of our "oldtimers" return. Welcome back, Danny.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hi Danny. You were active here when I first joined in '08, and I remember when you were injured and then returned. It's good to see you back again. Our 6th grandkid will be here any time in the next couple of weeks. We're keeping our phones and Kindles charged up so we can carry out our grandma and papa duties when the big day suddenly comes. This new one has 3 siblings that we'll be looking after for a few days while mom and dad are temporarily otherwise engaged.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It is so good to hear from you all. It looks like several of us have some more little ones either already here or soon to make their arrival. I can't believe my first one will be four this year. She is definitely her Daddy's daughter. My son is getting payback from when he was her age.
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

nice to se you out and about, and mazel tov!!! :D :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

fallingwickets wrote:nice to se you out and about, and mazel tov!!! :D :D

clive
Thanks, Clive.
Danny