Car window tinting

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Car window tinting

Post by Sam »

Car came with back windows and lift gate glass tinted. Want to tint the front passenger and driver windows.

1) Is the tint already on the back windows and lift gate good tint or do you tint over it for better UV protection?
2) Tint wintshield and sunroof too?
3) Does it matter ceramic or metal as far as cell phone, satellite radio and keyless entry? One guy who was cheaper and has done a lot told me no, but one other place that caters to upper end cars said ceramic is the only way to go.
4) Any other bits of advice?
brothers

Re: Car window tinting

Post by brothers »

Sam, around here, there are state regulations that prohibit tinting windshields (they are already tinted when installed anyway). The other windows are probably tinted from the factory, but we do have regulations that specify limits on tinting the side windows. I'm sure if you've already talked to your tinting shops, they must have already discussed any applicable regs? Then I confess I don't have a clue what your #3 relates to. :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: Car window tinting

Post by jww »

Ditto in Ontario, and most of Canada, I believe.

Most cars out of the showroom have stock window tinting that is already legal. I found that our 09 Santa Fe tinting is just fine.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?