bumping old ads in sell and trade

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
nicodemus38

bumping old ads in sell and trade

Post by nicodemus38 »

I am wondering if it can be made a mandatory item to encourage or force fellow members here to update their advertisements for selling or trading on the sub forum?

So easy to go back a year and find an ad for trading an item we want, and find out it was sold back then. Other forums have mandatory status updates on ads when they sell.
brothers

Re: bumping old ads in sell and trade

Post by brothers »

All it takes is a PM to the seller - Hey, is that still available? We don't need to be forced or mandated. I think I'm pretty sure of that, nic.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

going back in searches, some people have the politeness to amend ads to read item sold or traded off.

As a result it should not be much of a hindrance. Not everyone treats others kindly when they get in inquiry on a year old ad for trading off a razor, when the razor was dispersed the day of the ad.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

nic I suppose it could be made mandatory but that's not the sort of thing we do here. I suggest you search old ads for ideas then post a want to buy (WTB) inquiry.
Regards,
Squire