razor project

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
nicodemus38

razor project

Post by nicodemus38 »

I am about to start a project involving razors. The issue is I need to get help with the acquisition of unwanted wieshi razors laying about.

My project is somewhat ambitious. I want to solve certain theories and issues concerning the wieshi and the Gillette super speed it supposed to be based on. Namely the following..

1. head geometry.
2. internal parts differences. A lot of razor restoration would be helped out if certain parts could be determined for interchangability.
3. recreation of certain Gillette products. that's all I can really say, although unwanted all metal tech clones would be helpful for that as well.
brothers

Re: razor project

Post by brothers »

If I had one, I'd be happy to send it along for the project. Looking forward to your results if you find what you need.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

I used to read on other forums on how so many people have purchased a wieshi just to try it, and not liked it for some reason namely because no Gillette logo, and simply tossed it in a corner. j

And im just really hoping I can get a few of these unwanted children. Its almost like I have to promise a bottom dial conversion kit for them.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

When I first came here, if you bought a certain quantity of Weishi razors at Smallflower, you got a steep discount. I did this, kept one, and sold the rest to fellow forum members. I still have one, but I'm keeping it. They're very decent razors, albeit very mild.

Some of us buy a lot of stuff and keep even what we don't actually use, while others get rid of whatever they don't use right away. Hopefully, some of our members have a few of these lying around for your experiment.

- Murray
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

I admit I am too ambitious. But I was planning on having them tested out by folks on the board as a way to see if the old ideas were any good.
Make a tech out of stainless steel and id have 50000 replies in ten days and offers of 30,000 from most of them as well.