Gotta vent

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
jthomas1264

Gotta vent

Post by jthomas1264 »

It's been a while, fellows. My wife is in late Alzheimer's. (And thanks for the notes!) Anyway, I just wanted to share a bit of piling on. Kathy bought me a beautiful briefcase when I finished grad school. And then she gave me a lovely Parker fountain pen when I was promoted to associate professor. This past weekend, those memories were stolen when someone broke into my car. Just feeling screwed. . .

jt
CMur12

Re: Gotta vent

Post by CMur12 »

I'm very sorry to hear of the hard times you're enduring, JT. You've got friends here and we'll all gather round to offer support.

My best to you and your wife.

- Murray
jthomas1264

Post by jthomas1264 »

Thanks a million, Murray! I have found deep support from you fellows in this long battle!

jt
brothers

Post by brothers »

jt, I understand how you must be feeling. I pray you will be given the strength you must have to get through this.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

There are few worse feelings than the violation of having your property stolen. I'm so sorry that it was items that carry such meaning and memories for you. Best wishes in these difficult times. The last thing you need at a time like this is senseless loss at the hands of some lowlife. I hope you can find some peace about it.
Jim
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

That's terrible news jt although I realize my saying so doesn't improve matters. Please stay in touch.
Regards,
Squire
jthomas1264

Post by jthomas1264 »

Thanks so much for the sentiments and prayers, my friends!

jt
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

My 88 year old father has Alzheimers ,it's progressing slowly it seems to me.....Wish you and your Dad all the best.And a reminder ,never leave ANYTHING valuable in your car,todays thieves are brutal and effective..good luck to you !
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

JT, that's horrible! If it helps, I will point out that Marie Kondo says that the purpose of a gift is achieved when that gift is received, at the moment of exchange, not later.
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Sorry to hear of the loss of your gear. Hate when someone without care decides your memories are better in their hands.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

jt...I am sorry to hear that. That is terrible!!!
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...