Job Problems

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
JayTrek

Re: Job Problems

Post by JayTrek »

I went yesterday to meet with the people who called me back.

They talked to me about coming in at a salary a bit below what I was making before. I would be taught every aspect of the business. Once I learned the business, I would be put in charge of all accounting for a wholly owned subsidiary, and will have people working for me.

They also told me that my compensation would be reviewed in 6 months and if I am doing well, I would get a raise.

I accepted their offer and am really excited about the opportunity to grow into the position. And after my last experience, I am appreciative of the slow approach...helping me learn how every aspect of the business works before putting me in charge of it.

They told me that they had been talking about doing this for some time. But had not put feet to it. After looking at my background and resume...they felt I would be the perfect person to do this.

I start on August 15th.

Thanks for all of the good words and support you guys have afforded me.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Excellent news, Jason. I'm glad you got the recognition and appreciation that you deserved. Congratulations!

- Murray
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

That's really good news! I knew it would work out for you. A little less $ ? OK, but you'll make that up in health by not having to tolerate "stuff". You might actually wind up making more in the long run.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Yup --- sounds all good to me as well.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

Those folks are lucky to have you. Congratulations. Don't cut them any slack when the 6 month mark comes up. :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

Congratulations, Jason. Best of luck in your new position.
-Ed
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the encouragement you guys have given me. Looking forward to getting started next Monday.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...