French Open Tennis

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

French Open Tennis

Post by brothers »

I'm enjoying watching them play. It would be fun to be there in person. I can't articulate the names and stats, I just enjoy watching the competition. I played in my college days, and eventually became an admirer of Arthur Ashe and his contemporaries.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: French Open Tennis

Post by jww »

I enjoy all the Grand Slam tennis events -- especially the French and Wimbledon, although there is some great tennis played in the US and Australian opens as well. Since cutting cable, I don't get to record and watch on delay, but the good thing is that there are plenty of options for live streaming. The best is BBC iPlayer when Wimbledon and The Open are being played -- beginning-to-end coverage of everything.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
jthomas1264

Post by jthomas1264 »

I played and coached for about twenty years but gave it up because of shoulder and knee problems. But I have not lost my interest in the game. I always enjoyed watching smaller tournaments in person, such as the Volvo in Chicago (which disappeared in the early 90's.) Even watching the early rounds of a tournament in person gives you a very different perspective on the demands of the sport.

jt
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Rogers Cup started this week. Unfortunately most of the 'big names' dropped out to prepare for the Olympics...bunch of wieners!
Bryan