I just dont get it

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
nicodemus38

I just dont get it

Post by nicodemus38 »

I cant trade off a slim and a flare tip, and two pucks of the "famous" colgate cup soap. for a measely pack of derby blades or a razor that sells for 10$ on ebay these days.

But theres a guy who has been selling USED yes USED razor blades from 1920-1950 on ebay for about 30$ for 20 blades. Unusable blades.....

Can anyone esplain that to me?
brothers

Re: I just dont get it

Post by brothers »

Tom, by "selling" do you mean people are buying these bits of trash? Or is it just a listing in hopes someone might decide to buy at a future date? Either way I agree it's something of a mystery as to who would ever buy a used razor blade at any price.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

There's a sucker born every minute. Now they have disposable cash and folks with no conscience are there to cash in.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

people buy the used razor blades no problem what so ever.

I just don't get it
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

People collect all sorts of stuff they don't plan to use.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

True! I have just realized I have a very large stash of used razor blades in my blade bank right now. Probably a great investment that is growing more valuable every year, as the can continues toward becoming full. I'm glad we stumbled onto this hidden treasure before I probably would have foolishly thrown it away.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

im one of the few that has limited space and wants to get rid of razors I don't need to make room for something I DO need. but just don't have.

I have a slim, a flare in near mint shape, an average looking 1921 patent new standard/new improved, and a no date no patent old type in standard ebay condition with cracked up handle.

I don't need them. the new standard 2 piece is WAY to dangerous for me. way to dangerous. im way to used to the fat boy and aristocrat. have a really nice scar on my face where I skinned my self. one of those classic "hey why is my lathered face turning pink" moments

id be more then happy if I could make them work for me, but I have GOOD and GREAT razors I enjoy more then them that need love and attention.

id toss in my colgate pucks, and trade them for a 1940s no notch super speed, American or british make.

or just to get cases for my fat boy, aristocrat, and 1969 gold super adjustable