Olympic games 2016

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Olympic games 2016

Post by brothers »

This afternoon it happens that I'm enjoying a competitive game of women's soccer between Australia and Germany. I usually don't pick favorites and I just love seeing the competition. This is a good match.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Re: Olympic games 2016

Post by ShadowsDad »

In channel surfing I saw possibly 5 minutes of Puerto Rico vs USA. What's up with that? Last I heard PR was a territory of the USA.

Maybe Maine needs it own shooting team vs the USA (since Maine already won a gold). I see no difference.

Please educate me (anyone) as to how PR can have a team and compete against the country they are part of.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I'm not sure, Brian, but being a territory would be different from being a state. Maybe it's like countries in the British Commonwealth. They're connected but still separate countries.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

ShadowsDad wrote:In channel surfing I saw possibly 5 minutes of Puerto Rico vs USA. What's up with that? Last I heard PR was a territory of the USA.

Maybe Maine needs it own shooting team vs the USA (since Maine already won a gold). I see no difference.

Please educate me (anyone) as to how PR can have a team and compete against the country they are part of.
Brian, I'm glad they invented Google. Sports Illustrated has an article. Evidently you asked a very good question. http://www.si.com/olympics/2016/08/06/o ... states-ioc
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Currently, it seems the Canadian men's volleyball team is heading to a victory over the USA guys.

Edit: Canada won the match! Exciting to watch.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Im looking really forward to the france / australia rugby game tomorrow....should be a good one
de gustibus non est disputandum