World Series 2016 (USA thing)

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

World Series 2016 (USA thing)

Post by brothers »

If the Chicago Cubs don't win this one I'm all done with them. This is their big chance after more than 100 years. I'm all in for the Cubs this time, but if they lose to the excellent Cleveland Indians, then I'm fine with that too. Just don't ever count on more sentimental support from me. If you aren't WINNERS --- Play and win --- or not. Your golden opportunity. Suck it up, man up, win, lose, it's your deal, not mine.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
kronos9

Re: World Series 2016 (USA thing)

Post by kronos9 »

I was done with them in 1969. My money's on the goat.
Ed
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

I root against the cities which have recently won a championship. Let's spread the wealth around!

Because Cleveland won the pro basketball championship just a few months ago, I am rooting for Chicago to win the World Series.
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

I'm not sure I understand your attitude, Gary. You've got little invested, yet you'll be resentful if the Cubs can't beat a very good Cleveland team? At any rate it has been an excellent World Series, with the 150-some years of combined futility adding to the drama. I'm pulling for the Cubs, but won't be terribly disappointed if Cleveland pulls it out. I'll still pull for the Cubs if they make it back in my lifetime.
Jim
brothers

Post by brothers »

I really haven't been a follower of the Cubs. Neither for nor against. They were just one of many, only with a seemingly terrible jinx on them. I always seem to have a soft spot for the dark horse. This year is such a big deal I'm going to be very happy for the team and the millions of fans if they pull out a historic win. At the time I wrote the earlier post it was heading for 3-1 and not looking good for the Cubs. My attitude was/is if you want it so bad, then stop talking about it and go get it. If they can't get the job done, then we're all going to be back in the same boat we were before.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Cubs got it done! Wow what a great battle it was, from both sides. Who would have thought it would go the full 7 games and then to end up tied after 9 innings. Everyone played their hearts out. From now on all of the Chicago Cubs people have this awesome comeback victory to treasure.
Gary

Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

A World Series for the ages! I watched more of this year's games than I have in many years and stayed up for last night's classic Game 7. This one will be talked about for a long time!
Jim
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Kyle76 wrote:A World Series for the ages! I watched more of this year's games than I have in many years and stayed up for last night's classic Game 7. This one will be talked about for a long time!
Only to be surpassed next year when the Jays take it or the Leafs win the Stanley Cup. :whistle:
Bryan
styptic screams

Post by styptic screams »

Kyle76 wrote:A World Series for the ages! I watched more of this year's games than I have in many years and stayed up for last night's classic Game 7. This one will be talked about for a long time!
Best Series of my (long) life! So happy for Chicago. Too bad Harry wasn't there to see it! :cry: