Help finding a replacement cooking grill

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Help finding a replacement cooking grill

Post by brothers »

My old cooker needs a new 15.5 inch diameter (max 16.25) round grill. The only one I've located is at a store that sells Big Green Egg cookers and they want $55 plus tax. In the recent past I've bought off-brand grills that size at Ace for less than ten dollars. Now it seems Weber has some kind of monopoly and they don't make my size anymore. I found a damaged one on ebay for $24, and that still sucks. What do you suggest? I've been to Lowes and Home Depot and Walmart and Amazon with no luck.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ajsaxs

Re: Help finding a replacement cooking grill

Post by ajsaxs »

Check out the Old Smokey grills made in Texas.
Excellent for grilling and smoking.

http://www.oldsmokey.com/

Happy BBQ.
brothers

Post by brothers »

It seems if I want the grill that fits, I'm going to have to invest in the $55 one. Unfortunately, this is something I learned a long time ago after searching very hard for a car part that was hard to find even when the salvage yards told me they had them "out back". Turns out I spent hours on end looking for a cheap one that didn't exist, when all I had to do was go get the more expensive one that actually did exist. Happened more than once before I finally realized what my problem was.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

The recent birthday/Christmas season resulted in someone giving me just what I needed. Hopefully this one will last another 39 years.
Gary

Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

All’s well that ends well.
Jim