Grateful dead off key?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Grateful dead off key?

Post by brothers »

Am I the only one who never enjoyed even a few bars of Grateful Dead? I've never understood how anyone can make a living singing off-key. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Kyle76

Re: Grateful dead off key?

Post by Kyle76 »

I was never a huge fan, but I can enjoy their music at times. Lots of singers are often not right on key. I guess it's why they do so well live. Even their studio work has a spontaneous, live feel to it.
Jim
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I could never get into the GD. I never knew why but maybe that was the reason.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
brothers

Post by brothers »

I caught a clip of the gentleman Jerry Garcia singing when he and a woman had a musical group before the GD. It was his voice that my ears were complaining about.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Yeah, but how about Cherry Garcia?
Jim
brothers

Post by brothers »

Haven't tried it for some reason. I should look into it.
Gary

JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

I had a professor in my MBA program at Nova Southeastern that had in his office...over 500 recordings of Grateful Dead concerts. He claims no two are the same and that it shows how they are the perfect example of a team.

He once gave a presentation in class on this very topic...How the Dead's shows demonstrate their mastery of teamwork.

Personally I think it had more to do with Pharmaceutical Enlightenment than anything else.

Just my opinion, though.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...