Fun Hobby coming to an end for this year...

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
JayTrek

Fun Hobby coming to an end for this year...

Post by JayTrek »

One thing I really enjoy doing is doing Public Address Announcing for my son's high school baseball games.

His team plays in the Alabama State semifinals tomorrow afternoon. There will be a double header and if necessary a game 3 on Wednesday.

It will be the last time because if they advance, the final is played in Montgomery at the stadium where the Montgomery Biscuits play.

I always try to keep the game exciting without becoming a part of the spectacle. I must be doing alright at it. When we play on the road like we did last week...I always have people approach me and tell me they miss me calling the game.

Its fun. I get to be myself for a while and try to add flair and humor the game. I am not Jim Brinkmeyer...But I do have fun with it.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
CMur12

Re: Fun Hobby coming to an end for this year...

Post by CMur12 »

Sounds like fun, Jason, and like you have developed your skills and style.

When you say "coming to an end," do you mean for the season or that you aren't going to pursue this hobby into the future?

- Murray
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Sounds great fun. I'm jealous. My ambition is to play the organ for a Lakers game. The greatest team of any sport ever, anywhere. Even though the conversation among fans is not whether they'll win, but how much they will lose by...
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Let's get ready to ruuuummmmmbbbbllllleeee!

Oh, announcing. Yup, kinda hit or miss sometimes at games. We have one at our local Grizzlies NBA games that sometimes I wonder how he got the job.
brothers

Post by brothers »

We've been lucky to have a very skilled play by play fellow who does the radio broadcast for the NBA Thunder. I've tried to listen to the radio while watching the action on TV, but (probably on purpose) there is some kind of delay between the two that makes the whole concept incoherent, and worse than just one or the other.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Nothing like a roots-based school sports following. Well done Jason ..... send us some links to recordings ...... :D
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

JayTrek wrote:One thing I really enjoy doing is doing Public Address Announcing for my son's high school baseball games.

His team plays in the Alabama State semifinals tomorrow afternoon. There will be a double header and if necessary a game 3 on Wednesday.

It will be the last time because if they advance, the final is played in Montgomery at the stadium where the Montgomery Biscuits play.

I always try to keep the game exciting without becoming a part of the spectacle. I must be doing alright at it. When we play on the road like we did last week...I always have people approach me and tell me they miss me calling the game.

Its fun. I get to be myself for a while and try to add flair and humor the game. I am not Jim Brinkmeyer...But I do have fun with it.
I think my favorite part of this is learning about the Montgomery Biscuits :D
Regards,
Mike