On the subject of Soap making

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

On the subject of Soap making

Post by fallingwickets »

Came across this article today on the www and thought it might be of interest, especially after reading a comment about the demise of artisanal soap makers, a demise that I think is mainly due to the lacking product :D

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/inpict ... 12507.html

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Re: On the subject of Soap making

Post by brothers »

Clive thanks for finding and passing on this fascinating article. We as a species tend to take soap for granted. The business in the article has been meeting the need for good soap for hundreds of years. That's a lot of clean, healthy, and good smelling folks with clean clothes who've benefitted from this family's life's work.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Glad you found it of interest, Gary. I'm not a traveler, but if I were, that would be a destination spot!! Ughhh, the things smf has turned me into :D :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Great pictures. I didn't expect to be reading Al Jazeera.
Jim