Long time...no see...

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
JayTrek

Long time...no see...

Post by JayTrek »

So I have been absent for some time. I figured I would check in and update you guys on some big changes in my life in recent weeks.

As you guys know...my job situation has been somewhat unstable for the last couple of years.

In early May, I had a situation present itself to me in a way that I had to consider. I would never have even given this a thought, except for the way this came to me. The city I live in has been home for 44 years. I had never given serious consideration to moving for a job before. I learned by accident of a job opening in Montgomery...2 1/2 hours south of here, that was in several ways perfectly cut out for my education and experience.

This particular job had been open for some time. Apparently they had already considered over 70 resumes...and no one seemed to fit the job. And so they were soliciting a second round of resumes. It was listed that the job was open "until filled".

I never even filled out an application. I sent in my resume and within a week, had a phone interview. I then was asked to go there for an in person interview. I spent 2 1/2 hours with them. My wife and I went to dinner before leaving town. Before we got out of town. I had been called with an offer.

I have been on the job 5 weeks now. It does really seem this is where I am supposed to be. With a daughter going into her senior year in high school, we have chosen not to move the family yet. So I stay in an apartment in a nice suburb during the week...and drive home on the weekends.

This kind of job is where I have always felt my career path should go. It is a challenge. I have a lot of things I will need to come in and fix or correct from what was done before me. I have never made this kind of money before. It is literally a situation where my wife's salary pays my rent and bills...and we can live off of mine.

So anyway...that is what has been going on with me.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Long time...no see...

Post by drmoss_ca »

Well done, Jason! It sounds like you deserved a little luck, and it couldn't have happened to a better person.

Better shave nicely for the new job.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

You know, we all knew things would work out for you. Good for you!
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

congrats
de gustibus non est disputandum
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

Great news Jason! Congratulations. \:D/
-Ed
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I'm glad things are working out great for you Jason. :D
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Excellent news, Jason. Congratulations!

- Murray
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

That's great Jason!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

Thanks, gentlemen.

It has been a long time coming. I am still not completely comfortable with some of the logistics of this...being away from family and all. But I do believe that God provided this opportunity for me. I am going to take advantage of it and seize the opportunity to change my life and the life of my family through it.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Congrats, Jay. Fantastic news, both practically and in fulfilling you! Also, check your PM box.
Regards,
Mike
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Good news indeed Jason, my best to you all.
Regards,
Squire
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Congratulations!

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

Jay, thanks for sharing this good news with us. It's obvious that this situation was custom made for you and your family. I wish you all the best.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Great to hear! Congratulations!
Jim