Shows I'm anticipating - new seasons coming soon???

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Shows I'm anticipating - new seasons coming soon???

Post by brothers »

Longmire
Poldark
Peaky Blinders
Designated Survivor
Major Crimes
Alone
Game of Thrones
Fargo
Better Call Saul
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Shows I'm anticipating - new seasons coming soon???

Post by fallingwickets »

my list has only one: portlandia :D :D
de gustibus non est disputandum
Modern Ancient

Post by Modern Ancient »

The only "new" show I like is "The Odd Couple." I watched Matthew Perry, in a show called "Second Chances," way back, in the 80's, on the then fledgling Fox Network. So, that one. I only watch sitcoms. I find contemporary TV dramas too over-the-top.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Regarding Game of Thrones, we know for sure they have another season coming up, but last I heard it'll be 2019. That's way too long for me.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Have you watched Narcos or Ozark? Narcos just released its third season, and Ozark only has 1, so it'd be easy to catch up. Both are excellent, excellent dramas.
Regards,
Mike
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I prefer season's end when I can stream all the episodes sequentially.
Regards,
Squire
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

brothers wrote:Regarding Game of Thrones, we know for sure they have another season coming up, but last I heard it'll be 2019. That's way too long for me.
Unfortunately, it'll be here before we know it. Time passes quickly these days.
Jim
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Giving "soon" a very loose definition, curb your enthusiasm's new season starts in november(?)....can't wait :D

clive
brothers

Post by brothers »

fallingwickets wrote:Giving "soon" a very loose definition, curb your enthusiasm's new season starts in november(?)....can't wait :D

clive
That's a favorite of a lot of people. Sounds like another one to look forward to.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

btw, portlandia's new season is ok....dont go rush out to put it in your queue :)

clive
brothers

Post by brothers »

Poldark's season 3 premier was October 1 on PBS Masterpiece Theater.
Gary

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Doc Martin final season on ITV now "back home".

Endeavor coming this spring, I believe.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

there was a story in the paper recently about how fed up the locals are with the doc and how happy they are to see the end of the series.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... artin.html
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

I can only imagine how disruptive a film cew would be in a small village like that. Heck, they even challenge the patience of jaded New Yorkers.
Jim
brothers

Post by brothers »

maskaggs wrote:Have you watched Narcos or Ozark? Narcos just released its third season, and Ozark only has 1, so it'd be easy to catch up. Both are excellent, excellent dramas.
I will be sure to look them up. Thx.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

My son has recommended that I check out a Netflix series he found (currently in Season 1, 2017) called Suburra - Blood on Rome. I've watched almost all of the series in the past week or so. It's made it Italy (Rome?). Language is Italian, but the English voiceover is perfect. The very first few scenes are dramatically violent and repulsive, but keep in mind what we see happening is pertinent to the whole series. Not directly, but by association. The acting is good and the characters are played remarkably well. The characters are complex. It's got a lot of violence. Actually little or no sex, and very little partial nudity as dictated by the story. Interestingly, I understand there is also a movie by the same name Suburra, with virtually the same plot and actors.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

I understand Longmire's final season begins sometime in November.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm still at about 50% so far. Still holding out hope for Peaky Blinders (I have heard it is in production); Alone (History Channel); Fargo (another segment may be in doubt); and Better Call Saul (they wouldn't dare discontinue this, would they?)
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

I also meant to include Season 2 of Goliath, which stars Billy Bob Thornton as a burned out lawyer who has some big enemies to fight. He won a Golden Globe in January 2017 for Season 1. There will definitely be a second season but they haven't announced when it'll come out.
Gary

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Season Two of Frontier is now showing on Netflix.
Regards,
Squire