Shows I'm anticipating - new seasons coming soon???

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Re: Shows I'm anticipating - new seasons coming soon???

Post by brothers »

The current season of ALONE takes place in Mongolia. Population per square mile : 2. Wilderness with plenty of poisonous snakes, wild animals, etc. Temperatures lower than 40 below. If any of the contestants should tap out, it takes about an hour for the rescue team to arrive. I'm on episode 3.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Now that Goliath season 2 has been released on Amazon Prime, I've been watching Billy Bob Thornton in episode 1 and looking forward to the series. My wife is going to sign up for the new show called Yellowstone.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Re: Goliath. I finished off the entire 8 episodes, and I hated it. The first 7 episodes were sleepwalking lead characters and a slaughterhouse extraganza for the extreme evil characters. Episode 8 was deeply disturbing because good did not prevail. All of the good characters got tortured and murdered by the evil characters. Disappointment in the story line gradually increased until at the end it was clear that good lost and evil easily won. This series is excretia. Pardon my French. :x PS: Billy Bob Thornton, shame on you!
Gary

Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I just learned that "Better Call Saul" is finally returning in August. A lot happened in the previous season, leading me to believe that this will be the season where Jimmy becomes Saul and starts working for Walter.

I was disappointed by the one episode I saw of the Amazon series based on Philip K. Dick's science fiction stories. (They also have a series based on The Man in the High Castle, which I've read more than once. I haven't watched it; not sure if I want to risk more disappointment.)
brothers

Post by brothers »

Paul, I'm looking forward to Better Call Saul for the same reasons you have listed. It should be a good season.
A few months ago I watched The Man in the High Castle, season 1. I haven't read the book, and as of yet I haven't made the transition to Season 2, even though it is available for viewing.
Last edited by brothers on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gary

Barry

Post by Barry »

Black Mirror season 5 :D
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

brothers wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:37 am A few months ago I watched The Man in the High Castle, season 1.
How much consulting of the I Ching do they do in the show?
brothers

Post by brothers »

Pauldog wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:31 pm
brothers wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:37 am A few months ago I watched The Man in the High Castle, season 1.
How much consulting of the I Ching do they do in the show?
Paul, you've got me there. I haven't a clue.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

It took a while, but I have completed watching Narcos. Based on facts, it is an interesting and well-done (in my opinion) TV series. The portrayal of extreme violence is hard to take.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Yellowstone with Kevin Costner is currently airing. Free on Paramount channel, and not free on some other channel. We're still trying to get a good feel about it. There's some bad stuff going on, and it seems that good guys are somewhat slow in making their appearances. They're only releasing one new episode weekly.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

maskaggs wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:26 pm Have you watched Narcos or Ozark? Narcos just released its third season, and Ozark only has 1, so it'd be easy to catch up. Both are excellent, excellent dramas.
Mike, thanks for bringing these to my attention. I quite enjoyed both of them from beginning to end. Now I'm awaiting the second season of Ozark.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Squire wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:09 pm Frankly I think Victorian society was a good deal more polite but as graphic tv shows go Godless is entertaining.
I agree. Godless was very good while it lasted.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

a few more really good 'nothingness' shows:

1) American vandal
2) insatiable
and from canada no less :D :D
3) kims convenience

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hmmm --- I'll have to check these out!
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Here's one of the three ALONE finalists in Mongolia. This gentleman's name is Larry. In anticipation of the inevitable snow he made himself a pair of snow shades, patterned after those used hundreds (thousands?) of years ago by the ancestors. This was his 40th day alone in Mongolia. He was one of my favorites. A good dude, and I would welcome an opportunity to share a 6 pack with him sometime. 8)
Sunshades in Mongolia made by Larry.jpg
Sunshades in Mongolia made by Larry.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 9140 times
)
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Well, Larry didn't win. He couldn't take the solitude somewhere around 50 days of starvation and extreme cold.
There were three guys (Larry, Britt, and Sam) who seemed to be willing to go as long as it took, but Sam the winner was the youngest and had the best attitude. The conclusion is that modern day humans just aren't wired for perpetual and complete solitude for anything over about 40 days. Let's say modern day mentally healthy humans. But under other circumstances a crazy hermit will probably last much longer if he has food, but will fall victim to any number of unpredictable misadventures and eventually run afoul into something ugly.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Here's my updated list. It's been 3 or 4 months since last updated.

1. Poldark - working on next season - coming soon?
2. Peaky Blinders - to be released possibly within next 9 months
3. Designated Survivor - probably spring 2019
4. Alone - 2018 season finished
5. Game of Thrones - 2019
6. Fargo - late 2018, possibly 2019
7. Goliath - piece of crap - bad guys won and having watched it made me feel terrible
8. Better Call Saul - current season just began about 3 weeks ago and it's excellent
9. Howard's End - I lost interest in pursuing it - maybe sometime
10. Suburra - rumored to be working on season 2
11. The Crown - I lost interest
12. Godless - excellent and quite graphic - probably just a one-shot deal - the end was the end
13. Ozark - Season 2 starts on August 31st - 2 days from now
14. Narcos - no more seasons to watch - I watched all of the existing seasons and episodes - excellent and graphic to the extreme
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Re: Ozark - the second season is excellent, and I'm looking forward watching all of it. I'm not able to binge-watch a whole season in one session. I like to pace myself, and look forward to watching the next episode.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Here's my updated list. It's been exactly 2 years since last updated.

1. Poldark - working on a new season - coming soon?
2. Peaky Blinders - to be released possibly 2021 or 2022
3. Alone - Currently working on next season 2021
4. Fargo - New season begins Sept.27 2020, 11 days from today
5. Goliath - Season 4 possibly 2020
6. Better Call Saul - Early 2021
7. Suburra - Third season possibly 2020
8. Ozark - Season 4 in production, release date unknown
9. Yellowstone - Season 4 release expected 2021
Last edited by brothers on Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

John Rose

Post by John Rose »

Peaky Blinders (season 6 would be nice to see)
Star Trek: Discovery
Star Trek: Picard
Fear the Walking Dead - much better once they essentially rebooted it with a lot of new characters
The Walking Dead: World Beyond - spinoff premiering this October

Can't wait to see the John Bonham Fan Club Air Force on TWD:WB. :wink:

Also "Talking Dead", hosted by Chris Hardwick. Often entertaining.
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex