Texas Gulf Coast 2017

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Texas Gulf Coast 2017

Post by brothers »

Historic natural catastrophe. To all my friends and relatives down there --- here's wishing you all the best in the weeks, months, and years to come in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. Stay safe and be strong.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Texas Gulf Coast 2017

Post by fallingwickets »

i have family in houston...cousins place is wiped out but uncle is in a 'dry' area so thats good. other cousins are running trucks to help with relief efforts...its a nightmare, but around the world worse things are happening...we must all hope for the best for humanity!

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Couldn't agree more Clive.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

FWIW, Harvey came through last night. The day was windier in the hours before the storm hit, and I've seen ordinary rainy days with more precipitation, so Harvey is "dead".
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I can't even begin to imagine what folks down there are going through. And now, Hurricane Irma could threaten Florida. Mexico just got hit, as well. Too much human suffering to go around.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

And now just a few days later there's yet another big one, Jose, following along after Irma.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Jose is going to go north in the Atlantic and probably dissipate rather soon. Thankfully.
Gary