Oktoberfest social event

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Oktoberfest social event

Post by brothers »

The wife and I are looking forward to spending this evening among friends at a local establishment. The absolutely spectacular mid-September weather is here, and the German restaurant and brewery is well known for the delicious and plentiful German buffet and the wide variety of their on-site freshly brewed beer. Of course, there will be an outdoor dining option, where the service is great and the music is provided by locally popular performers. Our wives are responsible for keeping our group together and the highly regarded September dinner is the best of them all. I'm skipping lunch, by the way.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
maskaggs

Re: Oktoberfest social event

Post by maskaggs »

Nice, Gary! I stocked up on various marzen and marzen-style beers a few weeks ago; once Saturday hits, when Oktoberfest gets underway in Munich, I'll start dipping into the stash.
Regards,
Mike
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

The Kitchener-Waterloo (Ontario, Canada) Oktoberfest has been held annually since 1969. This year it runs 6-14 October. It is North America's largest Bavarian festival and the second largest Oktoberfest in the world; it attracts over 700,000 visitors each year. http://www.oktoberfest.ca/. Importantly, it's less than an hour's drive from where I live.
Bryan
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I'll be participating from my computer desk. Beer, brats and no parking hassle.
Regards,
Squire