If I get a Tilley hat

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

If I get a Tilley hat

Post by brothers »

BLT1-F Keep Warm Toque would be my choice. This might make a good item for my Christmas/birthday list.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Re: If I get a Tilley hat

Post by Rufus »

Unfortunately toques make my head itch regardless of what they're made. My Tilley winter hat is the TBC1 Tec-wool Ball Cap. It has hide-away ear flaps, which I like.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

I didn't realize there were ear flaps with the ball caps. That opens up other options. Here the wind blows just about all the time, and in winter the cold wind almost always makes me catch a ferocious head cold and sinus infection. As long as my ears are protected, I'm pretty much immune. I usually wear a stocking cap. Not sure if I need a cap with a bill.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I own two winter TIlleys - an original winter wool and a new (last year at 50% off) softshell. I have noticed that their sizing has changed a bit. Medium hats have grown a bit in size, while small has not .... so in-betweener heads like mine aren't quite the fit they used to be. Nevertheless, still great hats. I bought a second summer Tilley this past July - the LTM5 - and convinced my wife to get a woman's TH8 Hemp - she loves it.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

jww wrote:I own two winter TIlleys - an original winter wool and a new (last year at 50% off) softshell. I have noticed that their sizing has changed a bit. Medium hats have grown a bit in size, while small has not .... so in-betweener heads like mine aren't quite the fit they used to be. Nevertheless, still great hats. I bought a second summer Tilley this past July - the LTM5 - and convinced my wife to get a woman's TH8 Hemp - she loves it.
Hello Wendell, good to hear from you. As regards the LTM5 Airflow, is that your review on the Tilley website? Per my thread of 17 Sep., I've been eyeing that very hat and have two questions: First, how cool/hot is it? I have a hot head and am finding my 30 yer old cotton duck Tilley sailing hat too hot these days and want to replace it. Secondly, how crushable is it? I want to take it on our trips abroad and to pack it in my suitcase; does it reshape well?
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Wendell, it's great to see you posting. A Tilley is on my list. Just haven't decided exactly which one. With winter just around the corner I think I need a new hat that I can use for several years to come.
Gary