Hurricane - the drink not the weather

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Hurricane - the drink not the weather

Post by brothers »

Yesterday evening we hosted our twenty-something daughter's birthday party. The theme was a mild Louisiana/Cajun. I decided it would be fun to make a big pitcher of Hurricanes. The recipe we use calls for passion fruit juice, rum (white and dark), simple syrup, lime juice, grenadine, orange juice, I think that's all. It was a big hit. All gone well before the party ended. Had a good time. The dinner featured red beans and rice, cajun chicken pasta, and I picked up a couple six packs of Abita beer (brewed in Louisiana).
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Re: Hurricane - the drink not the weather

Post by pausted »

Many, many years ago when we were first married, my wife and I went to New Orleans to visit family. We went to Pat O' Brien's and, of course, had to try a Hurricane. I seem to remember that the drink was invented at that bar. We bought the drinks that included the souvenir glass. After about two drinks we decided that we needed service for eight. I don't remember much else except the horrible headache the next morning. BTW, we managed to get all eight glasses back to Texas safely. :D
Best regards,

Basil
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

When I worked in Houston I had several clients in New Orleans and visited them regularly. Always visited Felix and Acme for a few mud bugs, gumbo, shrimp and oysters and somehow found my way to Pat O'Briens to enjoy a Hurricane or two, or three. Fortunately, I was a lot younger then and could get myself going bright and early the next morning notwithstanding. :-B :mrgreen:
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Yes sir! I've been there and done that too! Makes me wish I could be there again right now. And you guys too!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444