Sunglasses

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Sunglasses

Post by Sam »

I picked these glasses up for cheap because they looked cool, but I dont know a thing about them

Julbo Vermont Spectron 4

CMur12

Re: Sunglasses

Post by CMur12 »

Sam, I don't think I would wear those while driving, as they totally eliminate peripheral vision.

At the same time, they are obviously designed to block harmful sunlight that enters around the lenses. This is why I tend to wear those sunglasses that go on over one's regular eyeglasses, as they block extraneous sunlight from all directions without impeding peripheral vision. (They don't look as cool as yours, though!)

- Murray
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

Sam, looks like they are specialty sunglasses for use by mountaineers and the like.

Julbo Sunglasses
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Bryan, I read up on them. Seems great for skiing. I have seen people on Harleys wear them. Hey, $20 was a steal. I am liking brown lenses a lot lately, more clarity for street signs. If they don't work out, I can gift them
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

Very Steampunk Sam. Nice find. Ideally you'd pair them with a low rise top hat.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
brothers

Post by brothers »

Epitome of cool.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

They'll never let you into a bank wearing those Sam.
Regards,
Squire
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Squire wrote:They'll never let you into a bank wearing those Sam.
True. And for other reasons. Lol
brothers

Post by brothers »

Here's one guy's review of these sunglasses:
"Obviously your quick questions (and some of the scale ratings too) only apply to containers/bags/etc, not to eyewear. Anyway one thing to point out to potential buyers of these GLACIER GLASSES (besides the obvious: sideshields) is that they are WAY FLATTER across your face which can be IDEAL. I for example, wear PRESCRIPTION SUNGLASSES atop any glacier glasses I have (for driving in the land of sun & mirrors: mirrors = other cars shiny butts and/or rear glass). Prescription lenses are best when not miles away from your face, so the flatter Julbo Vermonts allow closer-to-face prescription eyeglasses atop the Julbo's. Also, even if not Rx additional glasses atop, but just some additional filtering glasses, closer to face is still better: less backscattered light. All this being said, know that if you want these Vermont Julbo's to buldge out like the styling of most glacier glasses, they can be bent about the center; then they bulge out. The usual glacier glasses considerations are done well in this model; I try to give INFO you wouldn't normally think of or that isn't well-duh obvious. Thus my review is HIGHLY BENEFICIAL to you."
How do you usually use this item?
Everyday Work
What is your occupation?
Architecture, Engineering, Science
What is your gender?
Male
— 7/5/2016 by Mark from Washington DC
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Wife thought I looked like a mad scientist and was creepy. So I took the leather off