The Pet Showcase

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
BullGoose
Vendor

The Pet Showcase

Post by BullGoose »

Several forums that I belong to have a thread where members show off their pets. I thought it might be fun to have one here as well.

I will get it started. We adopted a new Weimaraner puppy in mid August. Meet Chloe. The first picture is when she was 6 weeks old and still with the breeder. The 2nd photo is from last Saturday at 5 1/2 months old.

http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: The Pet Showcase

Post by Squire »

Beautiful child Phil.
Regards,
Squire
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Squire wrote:Beautiful child Phil.
Thank you Squire! :D
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Chloe is grand looking dog, Phil.....nice name too!

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

fallingwickets wrote:Chloe is grand looking dog, Phil.....nice name too!

clive
Thank you Clive! She definitely keeps me on my toes. I am having a blast with her.

- Phil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Here's old Scratch. The first photo was 8 years ago when he was young and skinny. The second one is this year, now that he's 16 he likes to sleep about 20 hours every day. He's fatter now too.

Last edited by brothers on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Chloe is beautiful. And my granddaughter's name.
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Sam wrote:Chloe is beautiful. And my granddaughter's name.
Thank you Sam! I have always liked the name Chloe.

- Phil
brothers

Post by brothers »

She's a pretty dog Phil. It just now occurred to me that she's jumping into the water wearing some type of padded saddle with handles? Does that impair her natural ability to swim?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

likes to sleep about 20 hours every day. He's fatter now too.
SCRATCH IS MY HERO!!!!!!!!

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

brothers wrote:She's a pretty dog Phil. It just now occurred to me that she's jumping into the water wearing some type of padded saddle with handles? Does that impair her natural ability to swim?
Thank you Gary. It is actually a dog life vest. It basically just aids in keeping her back end up while swimming. I want to teach her to paddle board with me in the ocean and she will have to wear a life vest when we do so. So, I am getting her used to it early.

- Phil
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

brothers wrote:Here's old Scratch. The first photo was 8 years ago when he was young and skinny. The second one is this year, now that he's 16 he likes to sleep about 20 hours every day. He's fatter now too.

Wow...16 years old is pretty impressive. Scratch looks like a happy cat.

- Phil
Janus

Post by Janus »

BullGoose wrote:
brothers wrote:She's a pretty dog Phil. It just now occurred to me that she's jumping into the water wearing some type of padded saddle with handles? Does that impair her natural ability to swim?
Thank you Gary. It is actually a dog life vest. It basically just aids in keeping her back end up while swimming. I want to teach her to paddle board with me in the ocean and she will have to wear a life vest when we do so. So, I am getting her used to it early.
Italian water rescue dogs wear a harness, sometimes over a vest like that. Truly amazing what they are capable of.

http://www.waterrescuedogs.com/
Janus
brothers

Post by brothers »

Phil and Janus, thanks for the good information. I had no idea!
Gary

Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Since Photobucket quit hosting for free, I don’t have a hosting service. Can we post pictures directly here?
Jim
brothers

Post by brothers »

Jim, I use Postimage. As far as I know, posting directly to the SMF Gallery was discontinued in 2013.
Gary

Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Nice to see Trumper accommodating the needs of Man's Best Friend...

Gareth
dog-wash-500ml_large.jpg
dog-wash-500ml_large.jpg (17 KiB) Viewed 5560 times
brothers

Post by brothers »

Gareth, I'm still trying to get my mind around this. I think I've got it figured out. Some folks these days idolize animals, even to the point of referring to themselves as "parents" of said animals. To each his/her own, and YMMV, always. Bottom line, the lucky dog whose human daddy is wearing Trumpers can now enjoy his or her very own matching fragrance following bath time when they venture out and about.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

So far, we have one dog and one cat. Evidently Phil and I are the only two guys who have a furry pal worthy of public exposure. :D
Gary

Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Gary, I agree that some pet-owners become rather overly attached to their furry friend. Our own dog is so completely domesticated, I do wonder from time to time how on Earth he would survive without us (or another human being) providing for his every need.

I don’t think I’ll be rushing to Trumper’s for a bottle of Dog Wash any time soon, though.

Gareth