Nascar 2018

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Nascar 2018

Post by brothers »

This year I have picked my top 5 personal favorites. I believe today's race is the third of the season.

Truex Jr.
Harvick
Newman
Bowyer
A. Dillon
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Re: Nascar 2018

Post by brothers »

Four races into the season and Harvick has won three. After he won the second race, his car was found to be in violation of some rules and it cost his team some hefty fines and points reduction and his crew chief was suspended for at least one race. Then he won the third race. Onward and upward! :P Even so, I like Harvick and those others on my list, but I still like Truex Jr. to post some victories also.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

A.J. Foyt #14 is and always has been my favorite Nascar and Indy driver - winner. I mention this because it is reported in today's news that Mr. Foyt was working somewhere on his property with a bulldozer and encountered a nest/swarm of killer bees who attacked him and sent him to the hospital. He recovered but has had to cancel several events in the coming days because of it. This was not the first time this has happened to him. This event was more serious than the last one, because they say once a person has been stung by killer bees, they become more susceptible to having a severe life-threatening reaction to the venom.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Truex Jr. won today. Harvick started out very fast, but he made a mistake and hit the wall.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

I know a lot of people are wondering why I picked Austin Dillon as one of my top 5 favorites. Well, I picked him for two reasons: first, because he is now driving #3 - Dale Earnhardt's number. Second, because he won the 1st race of the season, Daytona 500. That's a big deal.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm pretty happy today because Clint Bowyer (one of my top 5 favorites) won his first Nascar championship series race today at Martinsville after 190 races. He's a good guy and deserves to win. You're asking why did they hold a Nascar race on Monday. Well, yesterday's race was postponed due to snow that had occurred earlier.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm pretty happy that my favorite driver (last year's champion) Martin Truex Jr won another race today at Pocono. I'd love to see him win another championship, but that's a long way off. Just keep winning races and the championship will take care of itself.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Today in Michigan another of my favorite driver - Clint Bowyer - won his second race of the 2018 season.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Truex Jr. is still winning. He took Sonoma last weekend. I believe he has 3 wins now. Looking forward to the next one.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Yesterday evening the 400 mile race at Daytona Super Speedway was tense. They had more than a few of the field-narrowing "big ones" (200 mile per hour multi-car pileups). No injuries, but a large number of the cars were knocked out of the race. Had it not been for the wreck on the next to last lap, my favorite Martin Truex Jr. would have won. However, after the race was stopped and the track cleared, even though he started on the pole, he was passed on the final lap and came in second. The season is now halfway through. Lots of good races to come before the final 10 race championship series begins.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

This past Saturday the winner was Martin Truex Jr. He started on the pole and finished first in the first two stages, then won the race.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm still following the Nascar races. They're currently in the playoffs. There are 8 remaining drivers who are eligible to win the championship. All they've got to do is ---- WIN! Some guys get pretty desperate and find themselves in the midst of a big crash. Next race is tomorrow.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

The 2018 Nascar Championship race will take place one week from today (November 18th) in Miami. Two of my favorite drivers - Martin Truex Jr. and Kevin Harvick - will be among the top four contenders who are eligible to win the championship. I'll be pleased if the winner happens to be one of them. I will be moderately surprised if neither of them is successful. A lot can happen in these highly competitive races with so much on the line.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Putting a finishing touch to this thread, Joey Logano won the 2018 Nascar Championship, Martin Truex Jr. finished at 2nd place, and Kevin Harvick in 3rd place. Now Nascar is anticipating the start of the 2019 Series in Daytona sometime in February.
Gary