Canada Day

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Rufus

Canada Day

Post by Rufus »

It’s Canada Day up Canada way on the first day of July,
And we’re shoutin’ “hooray” up Canada way, when the maple leaf flies high... =D>
Bryan
brothers

Re: Canada Day

Post by brothers »

=D>
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

My hearty congratulations to all Canadians!

- Murray
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

We were in Halifax a few years ago on Canada Day. They kept the giant party going until July 4th when they celebrated USA Independence Day. Our hosts told us Canadians will use any excuse for a party. Way To Go, Canada!
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

is canada day a 'real' holiday or is it similar to the usa....everything open (ex govt and costco) and parties all day/night long?

thanks

clive

p.s. hope you had a good holiday
de gustibus non est disputandum
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

This year, it fell on Sunday -- oddly enough, the stores were open on the Sunday, but closed on the stat holiday replacement Monday. Weird, I know.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Glad to read that they closed. I wish they did that here in the US too. I have one other wish about July 4th and that is it becomes part of a weekend. This year it fell on a wed, so of course tuesday is wasted because everyone is geared towards getting out early and thursday is shot because everyone is still recovering from the day before! :D :D :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

fallingwickets wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:04 am Glad to read that they closed. I wish they did that here in the US too. I have one other wish about July 4th and that is it becomes part of a weekend. This year it fell on a wed, so of course tuesday is wasted because everyone is geared towards getting out early and thursday is shot because everyone is still recovering from the day before! :D :D :D

clive
My point here Clive, was that Canada Day was actually the Sunday not the Monday, which served as the replacement work day off in lieu of the stat holiday falling on a weekend. That just seemed weird to me.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?