New boots wanted

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

New boots wanted

Post by Sam »

Got some cowboy boots, some darker brown ostrich and a pair of snuff tan Double H. Also a pair of chocolate brown Frye zip up boots, a little taller than ankle Also some suede chelsea boots

So looking at a work boot/fatigue boot, wear mostly fall and winter with jeans and khakis, and in foul weather (when it is not pouring and in that case, I go to my LL Bean duck boots). Had some Sperry Chukkas but not that thrilled with them. Been reading the engineer and harness boot thread, got me wanting to get new ones

Choices are something from:

Allen Edmonds, the Normandy or the Higgins Mill
Wolverine
Red Wing, perhaps iron Rangers
Chippewa

Wanting to stay round $200. Ebay is an option and Allen Edmonds runs specials and has the shoe bank.
brothers

Re: New boots wanted

Post by brothers »

Sam, you reminded me, I am looking at a couple of winter-friendly pairs of shoes/boots over at LL Bean. I'm thinking of something I can wear in cold weather for every day while I'm at home doing projects and chores, or out running around town on my routine errands.

On your subject, Red Wing is my own choice out of those you've mentioned above.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

i like the ll beans because: they are warm, do the water resistant thing and most of all are EASY to put on and take off ( a big consideration for us geriatrics living la vida arthritis :D :D )

red wings are heavy, dont seem that water resistant to me and the soles catch a lot of debris with the thread design

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

ended up getting some Allen Edmonds Normandy boots in dark brown on Ebay. Lug sole though
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

My wife and I both purchased a pair of Rieker boots while on our last trip to North Yorkshire last month. Mine are an ankle height tan leather with brogue detailing and wool lined. Couldn't really pass them up at £65.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?