Book shelves / getting old

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Book shelves / getting old

Post by fallingwickets »

I didnt want to hijack the 'what are you reading thread' but gary posted about having books collecting dust and thoughts about boxing them up.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....looking at the books you've read over the years stacked on a shelf is almost euphoric inducing....dont pack them away gary!

and to answer Murray...yes!!!!!!!!! youre getting old :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Book shelves / getting old

Post by drmoss_ca »

As do we all, if we are lucky. I think shelves of books are a good thing: a source of pride for having bought and read them, and also for the wisdom you might have acquired along the way. Not to mention how they describe your character for the reading choices you made. Probably a lost opportunity these days, but a psychiatrist could learn much about a pre-morbid personality from bookshelves. Shelves of uniform volumes that show someone bought books just to look like they are a reader reveal precisely the opposite about their owner. That means they are a pretentious d*ck and now we all know it.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks, Clive. I knew I could count on you. :?

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

It happens, getting older one day at a time! Beats the alternative.

When I stop and look at our old books, whether on the shelf or on the Kindle library, I usually want to stop and re-read this one or that one, but it seems I never get around to doing that.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444