Package incoming from Pakistan

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Package incoming from Pakistan

Post by brothers »

Fedex has notified me that 2 days from now I am to take delivery of a package that was picked up today in Pakistan. I have the tracking number. To the best of my knowledge I've not ordered anything! What are your thoughts?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Re: Package incoming from Pakistan

Post by pausted »

Might be a scam. Two day travel from Pakistan sounds rather unusual.
Best regards,

Basil
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I agree was well. I would not click links in any email about it
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

Agreed. Be VERY wary.

If the message includes an alleged Fedex tracking number, do NOT click on it.

Instead, I suggest the following procedure.
  • Write down the alleged tracking number
    Go the the fedex website by YOURSELF, and type in he alleged tracking number by YOURSELF.
    If no info is located, it is likely a scam with a made-up number designed to rip you off.
    If there is info provided, you will know who is allegedly sending you something. You may know who/what it is from there.
If the package is from Bashar Al-Asad, you're on your own!! Yes I know he is from Syria, but you get the idea.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Yup, sounds like phishing to me.
Bryan
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

I get these all the time, it's a scam. I never even open the email and nothing ever shows up on my door.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

Good advice guys! Thanks.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

And I thought maybe you were going to try one of Pakistan's famous straight razors!
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
adhoc

Post by adhoc »

drmoss_ca wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:43 am And I thought maybe you were going to try one of Pakistan's famous straight razors!
There are famous Pakistani straight razors? :)
Olle
brothers

Post by brothers »

I may have a lead. It seems my daughter who lives in Hawaii bought something, but the seller doesn't ship to HI for some unknown reason. So she had it sent to me 3700 miles away. OK. :D We're going to visit them in a few weeks, and we can bring it with us on the plane. How about that!
P.S.: two days from Pakistan to my house! --- 8200 miles --- That must be some kind of rocket ship.
Gary

slackskin

Post by slackskin »

I am officially confused. Gary lives in the United States. His daughter lives in the United States. The seller will ship to one part of the united Stated but not to another part of the United States. It is 7627 miles from Islamabad to Oklahoma City plus another 3742 miles from Oklahoma City to Honolulu. It is 7379 miles from Islamabad to Honolulu. So 11,369 miles by the circuitous route versus 7379 via the direct route. What did I miss? :?: #-o
brothers

Post by brothers »

The seller refused to ship to HI. That's the problem as I understand it. This was something simple like an inexpensive little dress or something a 2 year old would wear. That's what moms and grandmothers do, they shop on the internet and buy this and that for the kids. :D
Gary

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

adhoc wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:17 am
drmoss_ca wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:43 am And I thought maybe you were going to try one of Pakistan's famous straight razors!
There are famous Pakistani straight razors? :)
Oh, yes. The catch is what they are famous for.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

Thursday's update - it's no surprise that delivery will take more than 2 days. ---

No scheduled delivery date available at this time.
Scheduled delivery: Pending

In transit
Departed FedEx location
ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX, 95
Get Status Updates
Want to know when your package will arrive?
See your estimated delivery time with FedEx Delivery Manager. Sign up or Log in

From

KARACHI, PK PK

To

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK US

Manage Delivery

Travel History
Shipment Facts

Thursday , 1/03/2019
9:06 pm
ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR
Departed FedEx location
8:51 pm
In transit
6:27 pm
Arrived at FedEx location
5:10 pm
SOMMA LOMBARDO IT
In transit
Wednesday , 1/02/2019
11:49 pm
SOMMA LOMBARDO IT
At local FedEx facility
11:45 pm
SOMMA LOMBARDO IT
Shipment exception
Delay beyond our control
2:10 pm
DUBAI AE
In transit
11:50 am
DUBAI AE
In transit
12:46 am
KARACHI PK
In transit
Tuesday , 1/01/2019
11:36 pm
KARACHI PK
Left FedEx origin facility
7:55 pm
KARACHI PK
Picked up
6:44 am

Shipment information sent to FedEx
Collapse History

And yes, Fedex did say 2 days:

Your delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, 01/03 by 10:30 am

See "Preparing for Delivery" for helpful tips

Tracking # [deleted]

Ship date:
Tue, 1/1/2019
MR AMIR
LALJI DEVRAJ PATEL
KARACHI, PK
PK

In transit
Scheduled delivery:
Thu, 1/3/2019 by 10:30 am
[name & address deleted]

Shipment Facts

Our records indicate that the following package is scheduled to be delivered to you:

Tracking number: [deleted]

Reference: [deleted]
Service type: FedEx International Priority®
Packaging type: FedEx® Pak
Number of pieces: 1
Weight: 1.20 lb.
Special handling/Services: Deliver Weekday
Standard transit: 1/3/2019 by 10:30 am

Preparing for Delivery

To help ensure successful delivery of your shipment, please review the below.

Won't be home?

You may be able to hold your delivery at a convenient FedEx World Service Center or FedEx Office location for pickup. See "Customize Delivery".

The new destination address for your shipment is displayed at the top of this message. For your records, the original destination address is provided below.

[deleted]

Customize Delivery

Do you have a special delivery need? FedEx provides convenient delivery options tailored for you at your home. On your time.

Review options
Gary

slackskin

Post by slackskin »

brothers wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:01 pm The seller refused to ship to HI. That's the problem as I understand it. This was something simple like an inexpensive little dress or something a 2 year old would wear. That's what moms and grandmothers do, they shop on the internet and buy this and that for the kids. :D
Gary - Isn't the whole reason for grandchildren so we can spoil them? :D
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

i bet customs are to blame gary. either way quite amazing that a parcel can move around the world so quickly

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Package delivered to my front door 10 minutes ago. 3 days.
Gary

Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I supose the seller didn't realize that Hawaii is part of the USA? Or maybe there's a FedEx surcharge for shipping there. In any case, with the speed of delivery, it's possible that shipping cost more than the value of the package.

You daughter ordered the item from a place in Pakistan? I've ordered from Indian shops, and the packaging has been very interesting, some kind of fabric. I was sometimes buying razors and blades for resale (Gillette Guard, etc.) and would adjust the quantities ordered to get the most for a reasonable shippng cost. I'd add an extra item and go to checkout to see if the shipping cost had been bumped. If it had, I'd either add more to max out with that fee or delete that extra item.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Paul, you're right about the shipping costs. Just between us, I really hope she got free shipping on this one! :D
Gary