Music

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
churchilllafemme

Music

Post by churchilllafemme »

I sometimes listen to the morning news on a transistor radio while shaving. But other times I don't want to hear anything about the outside world, and I listen to music. Often it's classical on our local KING FM 98.1 station, but this morning I listened to parts of this two-hour compilation of acoustic blues. Great stuff. Now if I can just figure out a way to download it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zvYl82A77Q
_______
John
EL Alamein

Re: Music

Post by EL Alamein »

John, great idea.

I rarely listen to music while shaving (rushing off to the office etc) but when I do I usually put on Pandora's Sinatra station. Works the same to put one in the proper mood.

I'll have to try that link you posted, thanks.

Chris
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I still like the idea of listening to the radio.

I usually have the radio on, tuned to a local station, while I shower. During a shave, I want to hear the action of the razor cutting whiskers, so no music then.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

I tend to listen to one of the many choices of non-stop music from the cable channel Music Choice depending on my current mood. Makes for some very pleasant background while I'm going through my morning routine.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

I've been listening to some Queen this morning, from their Wembley Live Aid performance. Someone once said that one thing that distinguishes great performers is that they hold nothing back, that they 'leave it all on the stage.' That is certainly true of Freddie Mercury, who knew at the time that he had AIDS, as was portrayed in the recent movie about him. At.that time, the mid-1980s, I had not yet become a Queen fan. I guess partly it was because I was just too conservative to appreciate them. Partially it was because I was a medical student/resident at that time, and some of the first hospital patients for whom I provided care were men dying from AIDS complications, which were horrifying; it sort of colored my perception of gay men and of Freddie. In my older age I've come to like Queen's performances more, and I'm in awe of the power that Freddie had over the huge audiences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktYlzVYQbwY
_______
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

The energy you mention regarding Queen is impressive. It's what makes their performances timeless classics.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I like listening to the radio, at home and in the car. Whilst shaving I sometimes listen to a music station 1950s-1970s rock) and sometimes to current affairs, depending on my mood. When driving I listen to music in the main; usually it’s jazz.
Bryan