Tornado Season

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
pausted

Tornado Season

Post by pausted »

Looks like many more storms forming in the Southern Plains. Hoping everyone will be spared damage. Gary, keep us posted on how things are in OK City.
Best regards,

Basil
Rufus

Re: Tornado Season

Post by Rufus »

Tornados are terrifying. When we lived in The Woodlands, (TX), which is about 30 miles north of Houston, we had a couple of close calls. We did, however, live through a direct hit by a hurricane and several severe tropical storms...not nice.
Bryan
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I'm certainly glad that I live in a state w/o those. I had a devil wind come through years ago and that was enough*. What storms we do get leave everything standing, we just need to shovel out.

*On average Maine gets 2 F1s per year.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Hoping everyone will be spared damage.
+1

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

This time around It has something to do with the jet stream. It seems Kansas and Missouri have caught the latest destruction. We take it one day at a time around here. The local TV weather experts are in hog heaven. They cut into everyone's favorite TV shows with wild abandon, and drone on and on about wind shear, clouds, winds, blah blah blah ad finitum. They branch out and do the same with locations that are several hundreds of miles away and have absolutely no relevance to my neighborhood whatsoever. When it starts to look like we've got a big one coming, most people go outside to watch. Obviously, we go to our safe place if it gets serious. All one has to do is exercise common sense and make sure the homeowner's policy is paid up. Everybody worries furiously about the safety and security of our family, our friends, neighbors and loved ones, but not too much about ourselves or somebody's barn or shed.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I'm going to assume that means you're safe. I was going to ask but I think you would have mentioned it.
Brian

Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
brothers

Post by brothers »

Sadly, last night there were some fatalities (2 in a mobile home park) and a lot of damage and injuries (at a hotel on I-40) last night at a neighboring city (El Reno - home of old Fort Reno and the federal penitentiary) about 15 miles west of us.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Bobwhite

Post by Bobwhite »

In Oklahoma we get way too many WARNINGS. A watch means conditions are right for a tornado to form. A Warning means that there is an existing tornado. Now when radar detects rotation they call it a warning. It is now common for us to get warnings almost every day and sometimes multiple warnings in a day. We get warnings for rotations 50+ miles away on a regular basis. The news media is going to get people killed by crying WOLF way too often!
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

What a shame they can't be more specific with their warnings. You're right, people will get so that they won't listen.
Brian