Folding chair for outdoor concerts, beach activities

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Folding chair for outdoor concerts, beach activities

Post by Sam »

Well, one of those cheaper mesh chairs, the arm rest wont stay up. Rubber grommet gone. Going to be attending outdoor concerts and need new portable, folding chairs. Academy Sports had a good collection, so did REI. Some without armrests would be tiring. Saw a zero gravity lounger, could also be good for the beach, but never used one and it is on the heavier side. Did see a rocker with a pneumatic leg, and it felt good. Not particularly high backed. Just with sitting three plus hours, don't want to overlook something and now that I have a tinge of sciatica, thought I would ask for comments or suggestions.
Kyle76

Re: Folding chair for outdoor concerts, beach activities

Post by Kyle76 »

Sam, I like the canvas chairs on steel frame that fold into a carry bag. Back height and seat angle should be checked out. Arms with drink holders are very handy.
Jim
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Re: Folding chair for outdoor concerts, beach activities

Post by Sam »

Went and tried some at REI. They have a store brand that is extra wide, $59.50, good option. The cheap ones we have, it is like sitting vertically in it, though it has armrests. Uncomfortable after an hour. I am liking the GCI Pod Rocking chair ($55), but wonder if a pod-style would be good for three hours at a concert or not. They have a Firepit Rocker that sits lower, and a Roadtrip Rocker that has a higher back and fixed arms. Other than that, there are some Big Comfort Chairs by Magellan that might work at $20

https://50campfires.com/gci-pod-rocker-review/