July 1st- It’s Canada Day, up Canada way

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Rufus

July 1st- It’s Canada Day, up Canada way

Post by Rufus »

Enjoy the day chaps. It’s the 152nd anniversary of Confederation, except for Newfoundland & Labrador, which joined Confederation in 1949. Have a “double-double” on me. :D
Bryan
ShadowsDad

Re: July 1st- It’s Canada Day, up Canada way

Post by ShadowsDad »

Happy Canada Day!
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Wishing a great celebration to our Canadian neighbors!

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

Here's wishing our neighbors to the North a happy Canada Day! :wink:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

on the subject of dd's, way back when i used to visit my sister in TO and there was a 'small' chain of shops called the second cup that i fell in love with. Not sure if they are still in the bizz, but I wanted to open one in the US soooooooooo badly. of course they didnt want anything to do with my idea, but just so you gents know, i could have been a coffee barron if it wasnt for those stingy canadians :D :D :D :D

LOL

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Clive, Second Cup Coffee Co. are still around, but on a much diminished basis, it seem s to me. I like their coffee, but I prefer Starbucks’s dark roast. In the town in which I live there are just two Second Cups, but 18 Starbucks. I’d have to say that Second Cup is hanging on by their finger nails. Tim Hortons are a Canadian icon albeit they are foreign owned. Their coffee is dreadful and that’s probably why many people order a double-double: 2 creams and 2 sugars. Their steeped tea, however, is excellent. The one similar chain that didn’t make it here is Krispy Kream Doughnuts; they have just 10 stores across the country.
Bryan
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks for the info and glad to know they are still around. Not sure about Canada, but back in the late 80's there wasn't anything close to the second cup on the east coast....it was so cool and inviting, a place you wanted to go back to right after leaving! There weren't any starbuck shops for reference and so compared to gas station coffee or dunkin donuts it was like walking into a coffee heaven.

good memories
clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Spent ours watching a local Can-Am league baseball game with our daughter and her family of boys. Fun ended with a BBQ - what else?
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?