KFC Fire Log

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
churchilllafemme

KFC Fire Log

Post by churchilllafemme »

Maybe I'm just being a grouchy old guy, but this seems just plain wrong to me. Sugar cookie smell, maybe, but fried chicken?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/06/us/kfc-e ... index.html
_______
John
kronos9

Re: KFC Fire Log

Post by kronos9 »

Does it come with accelerated creosote buildup?
Ed
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

:D

I'll be sure to buy some virtual KFC chicken scented bagged logs to throw on my virtual fire.

https://youtu.be/R8gKs4jp7RU

The real fire will be burning real wood that smells like wood when I open the door to the airtight stove.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Well, I can burn chicken without much help, although I try hard not to do so. I certainly don't need a scented log, which probably costs a good deal more than an ordinary log, to make me fail to cook chicken properly. I guess I need not add that if you have a fireplace, which is a rapidly vanishing feature of homes in north America, and it works properly, one ought not to have a room filled with the smell of the smoke of fuel burnt in said fireplace? What a ridiculous product. I hope they lose an enormous amount of money and get what they deserve as a company that sells sh*tty-tasting food that exploits a certain demographic, whilst being dreadfully unhealthy in terms of fat and salt content. I don't see any reason why the world needs KFC anymore.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

drmoss_ca wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:00 pm . . . . a company that sells sh*tty-tasting food that exploits a certain demographic, whilst being dreadfully unhealthy in terms of fat and salt content. I don't see any reason why the world needs . . . anymore.
Woah Nellie! Maybe the world doesn't need me anymore, as I am one of that so-called exploited demographic who enjoys fried chicken including that company's chicken. Do we now consider ourselves qualified to judge which enterprises should be allowed to operate based on our personal subjective judgments we hold toward the people who own and operate them and those who are eager to patronize them? :lol: Maybe society should one day be ruled by these judges? I pray it never happens. :D

No offense intended, nor any taken. Just a friendly and frank discussion with which we should hope to entertain ourselves while enjoying one another's company and sharing refreshing beverages. Nothing at all related to fire logs!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Sorry, Gary. Carried away by my dislike for profit-hungry companies that sell unhealthy nonsense.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

8)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Personally I'd like a cigar or pipe scented log.

Chris