RIP - Jack Scott

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

RIP - Jack Scott

Post by brothers »

Jack Scott, born Giovanni Domenico Scafone, died recently on December 19, 2019. His 84th birthday would have been just two days ago on January 24th (born 1936). He was a Canadian. In 2011 he was inducted into the Canadian Songwriters' Hall of Fame. He has been called "undeniably the greatest Canadian rock and roll singer of all time".
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Re: RIP - Jack Scott

Post by Rufus »

Not heard of him, but I didn’t come to Canada until the late sixties; I understand he was a big name in the late fifties and early sixties, which could account for my lack of recognition.
Bryan
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I think there might be some hyperbole in that "undeniably"!
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

Bryan, I hadn't heard of him either - at least by name. But I have heard several of his songs over the years, never knowing anything at all about the gent. Yesterday I was listening to a good old song from way back when. So I googled him and thus, my post, along with the high praise getting the quotation marks. :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Been in Canada since the mid sixties, and I've never heard of him either.
All these years, did I miss something? :shock:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
brothers

Post by brothers »

I was surprised to see the long list of his successful songs. YouTube and Google are sources of this information.
Gary