Any XBOX gamers here?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

That's one of the one's I've been looking at. I think I'm going to have to pick it up :) Splinter Cell is always fun!
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

OK now I feel better about my "video game" desires, lol. I had played video games since I was 13 y/o, quite the addict I became. That was till around the age of 16-17, then partying and women commanded my attention way too much, lol. Now that i'm 25 and done with college I find myself wanting to buy another machine. Last one I owned was the first Playstation. I had put the thought aside b/c the last two women I dated always said that men who play video games are "immature" :x . Well I think that since I broke up with my last g-friend I have an overwhelming desire to jump back into gaming, especially with the surge of new ultra advanced games like: Halo 2, Doom 3, Splinter Cell, etc....

So here is my question for you guys: what should I get? PS2, XBOX, or just wait for the PS3 which I hear should be coming sometime soon??
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Ahh,

Ok. As a fellow 25 yr old gamer. The Xbox systems are the best choice. XBOX has always been ahead of the curve on technology. If you do decide to wait for a next generation system Wait for the XBOX2. The xbox currently has the best graphics on games. The new xbox is supposed to be backwards compatible. And just for the record Splinter Cell, halo, are xbox exclusives except for the latest splinter cell. Xbox has got the best network gaming setup for the most part. besides xbox has room for four controllers something that PS2 requires an adaptor for. Also, there is no need for memory cards with an xbox.

The PS3 and Xbox two are both due out this year. You can look for them to arrive i would imagine given their competitiveness within a day or two of each other in announcement.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

clownjuggles wrote:Ahh,

Ok. As a fellow 25 yr old gamer. The Xbox systems are the best choice. XBOX has always been ahead of the curve on technology. If you do decide to wait for a next generation system Wait for the XBOX2. The xbox currently has the best graphics on games. The new xbox is supposed to be backwards compatible. And just for the record Splinter Cell, halo, are xbox exclusives except for the latest splinter cell. Xbox has got the best network gaming setup for the most part. besides xbox has room for four controllers something that PS2 requires an adaptor for. Also, there is no need for memory cards with an xbox.

The PS3 and Xbox two are both due out this year. You can look for them to arrive i would imagine given their competitiveness within a day or two of each other in announcement.
Can we say Christmas present for myself? =P~
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Hell, why wait that long. Memorial day is just around the corner!
Peter
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

clownjuggles wrote:Hell, why wait that long. Memorial day is just around the corner!
Memorial Day? It seems that we gentlemen use any excuse to buy ourselves something.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

johnnie wrote:
clownjuggles wrote:Hell, why wait that long. Memorial day is just around the corner!
Memorial Day? It seems that we gentlemen use any excuse to buy ourselves something.
Well here is a good excuse for myself, May 3rd is my graduation day. I was on the 7year plan :lol:
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Hedonist,

Go for it. And don't let anyone pull that immaturity crap. I'm mature. I have a graduate degree. I play video games and I'm damn proud.
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

You know I am mighty tempted to acquire xbox live to play halo 2 or various games with people on this forum.
Peter
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Pete,

I can send you a free 2 month trial if you like. It really is a lot of fun. Halo 2 online is one of the best gaming experiences ever, IMO.
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Chris,

I may take you up on that offer. I just have to get the wireless adaptor for my xbox first. After i get that I will let you know. We can frag some aliens ;)

Peter
Peter
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I can't wait. We'll have a blast dude. Trust me.
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

Xbox 2? PS3?
Wow I am behind the times! sorry I have been away for a little bit, and I feel my spending money being blown to the winds.....Doom3.......
wow.
And for what its worth I am an AT1 aircrew rescue swimmer, I am currently in an HC squadron, and was formerly in an HCS squadron. Not sure how much is available about HCS, last I checked lots of the website info had been removed for national security. Whatever. We drank beer like everybody else.
Oh, and thanks for helping me blow my hard-earned pay in advance........;-)
John P
ps. I got a PSP, and while its got nice features, so far the games suck.....be forewarned!